Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Rear Console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the grey leather version is already sold out. :eek:

As many have probably seen...Grey leather is back in stock and Tesla is shipping them out quick.
I ordered mine last Thursday, and it just arrived today (Wednesday). :love:

FullSizeRender.jpg

(Note: Grey may look a little lighter than it ACTUALLY is because I forced my camera to flash)

Got mine a few weeks ago. As it was not available yet in Europe, I arranged for pickup in the LV store when I was there. Just had tot have it... It looks really good and I wish the front armrest was this practical!

Passengers in the rear seat and today myself found that sometimes when you lean on it, it activates the midseat seatbelt alert. Bit annoying when it goes of during the ride. Have others experienced this too (or are rear seatbelt warning systems not required/installed in the USA)

Got mine a few weeks ago. As it was not available yet in Europe, I arranged for pickup in the LV store when I was there. Just had tot have it... It looks really good and I wish the front armrest was this practical!

Passengers in the rear seat and today myself found that sometimes when you lean on it, it activates the midseat seatbelt alert. Bit annoying when it goes of during the ride. Have others experienced this too (or are rear seatbelt warning systems not required/installed in the USA)

I do not have a Model S yet, but I would be surprised if they have them in the US. I would probably have read about that by now. As for required, I can tell you that is not the case. Where I drive at least, only the front seats must be buckled up (though I require everyone to buckle up before I put the car in gear).

Received my grey / obeche gloss rear console today. My eight-year-old son (the usual occupant of the rear seat) was extremely pleased that he has something to lean on, as well as a cupholder.

While installing, I had a "duh" moment which I will share in hopes of saving someone else from this. For about five minutes, I was convinced there were no anchors on the rear of the second-row seats to hook the tether to. After much searching, poking, and squinting, I finally found the small slit in the seatback through which you have to insert the tether buckle to hook it on the anchor. Guess I'm not used to these super-fancy cars...on my Prius the seatback anchors were plain as day. :)

My rear console broke yesterday. I went to open it and the plastic around the center hinge snapped. :( Not really sure how that happened.

I emailed Tesla the photo below and they have promised a replacement as soon as the carbon fiber decor version is back in stock. (No ETA available)

2015-07-01 12.12.48.jpg

Mine did exactly the same thing. No abuse, I found the center hinge had cracked, looked exactly the same as your picture. They summarily replaced it. I only found out it was broken when I was cleaning my car otherwise it would have been a long time before I might have noticed.

My rear console broke yesterday. I went to open it and the plastic around the center hinge snapped. :( Not really sure how that happened.

I emailed Tesla the photo below and they have promised a replacement as soon as the carbon fiber decor version is back in stock. (No ETA available)

Mine CF rear console broke as well in exactly the same way with very minimal use. Tesla replaced it, but had to wait as well due to back order. Let's hope the replacement will last longer.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435920294.191280.jpg

Found mine broken in the same place approximately two weeks ago while cleaning the car. Rarely has been used. Only opened the cover probably three or four times to show people. Tesla Ranger was out for other work and ordered a replacement. Apparently, they have been seeing a number of these break, so it's either going to need to be reinforced/redesigned or perhaps some of the early units just had a production issue.

Found mine broken in the same place approximately two weeks ago while cleaning the car. Rarely has been used. Only opened the cover probably three or four times to show people. Tesla Ranger was out for other work and ordered a replacement. Apparently, they have been seeing a number of these break, so it's either going to need to be reinforced/redesigned or perhaps some of the early units just had a production issue.

You must be kidding? Tesla won't waste time with consoles that don't pass muster. They'll just do what they did with the front console, and decide not to bother selling the rear console any more. To hell with customer service, or promises made to customers. If Tesla can't get consoles built perfectly, that never fail, then they don't want consoles. That'll be their attitude.

Yes, I'm being facetious. On the other hand, if I were waiting for a warranty replacement of a rear console, I wouldn't bet the farm on getting one.

Yes, I'm being facetious. On the other hand, if I were waiting for a warranty replacement of a rear console, I wouldn't bet the farm on getting one.

Why not? There were customers that got the early front consoles that had them replaced. I can't imagine that Tesla won't support their existing customer base. But sure if there's a problem and they can't fix it I could see them ceasing to sell the console.

Why not? There were customers that got the early front consoles that had them replaced. I can't imagine that Tesla won't support their existing customer base. But sure if there's a problem and they can't fix it I could see them ceasing to sell the console.

There were literally thousands of customers waiting to buy consoles that Tesla decided they just couldn't make. If they make the same decision to stop producing the rear console, someone waiting for a warranty replacement would be out of luck if there "just aren't any more."

After a two month wait got my new rear console today. As an engineer, my guess is that opening the lid a bit to far puts too much stress on the plastic hinge. This is easy to do. Pushing it back against the seatback is too much. I am going to put a small flexible strap on it to limit the travel. Tesla should probably do the same. A nice console otherwise.