Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium seat material change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have MX100. Super happy. Delivered 2-3 months ago.

I ordered the cream seats, which I love.

They’re the “premium seats” and clean easily. What I didn’t realize is that they aren’t exactly the same material that the white seats used to be. The white seats, or ones I’ve been in, have felt sort and cushiony surface like a marshmallow.

These cream seats do not have that softness, but more the vinyl/leather stuff feel.

I’m not unhappy by any means. But I assumed they were the same exact materials as the white.

So are all the seats now like my cream? Or will the white seats always be that soft/felt feel?

How long ago was your previous purchase? I believe they've more recently changed options from real leather to synthetic leather in all trims. You can't get real leather anymore. They claim the synthetic leather is smell/stain resistant and is a lot stronger.

I really don't mind it to be honest. Feels pretty good and it'd be nice to worry less about stains.

How long ago was your previous purchase? I believe they've more recently changed options from real leather to synthetic leather in all trims. You can't get real leather anymore. They claim the synthetic leather is smell/stain resistant and is a lot stronger.

I really don't mind it to be honest. Feels pretty good and it'd be nice to worry less about stains.

3/18 build. New MCU.

I wasn’t sure if anybody else noticed if the white is now also a different texture.

Reactions: ebfio