TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Premium seats vs Nexgen seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Pagemakers, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

I've just taken delivery of my S60. Love it.

However, looking at my order it states "Tesla black premium seats".

On my final invoice it states "black next generation seats".

The premium seats look solid leather.

Mine are leather but they are vented (lots of dotted holes". My seats are hot and cold vented. I also have adjustable headrests.

Question is, why are my premium seats now next generation?

Which are better?

Which are more expensive?

UK model. The next generation seats don't appear on the UK website anymore.

2. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

Your order is correct if what you describe you have is correct (adjustable headrests).

Your final invoice statement is wrong because Next Gen seats don't have adjustable headrests. Probably a lost in translation.

The Premium Seat is the same front seat found in the Model X.

This is what the backside contour of a Next Gen looks like:
    Tesla Model S Carbon Fiber Seatback - TSportline.com - Tesla Model S & Model X Accessories

This is what the backside contour of a Premium Seat looks like:
    Tesla Model S v2.0 Carbon Fiber Seatback - TSportline.com - Tesla Model S & Model X Accessories

Better? Preference. We do think Tesla has made improvements in comfort on their Premium Seats.

More expensive? We guess the Next Gen seats probably cost Tesla more to produce since Recaro was the subcontractor.

The dotted holes / ventilation / perforation does give a more luxury feel in our opinion (regardless of the quality of the ventilated option).

The Next Gen seats aren't even on the US site anymore as well. Our guess is that Tesla migrated this Premium Seat into most Model S builds (unless you ordered the plain classic seats from 3 years ago) and discontinued Next Gen seats.

3. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

Thank you for taking the time to reply. From your images I have premium, vented and adjustable headrests.

Thanks for clearing that up.

4. Nda721

Nda721 Member

I thought the ventilated seats were no longer being offered??

5. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Member

Ordered in Dec. Delivered 3 weeks ago