Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Sound setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this what the premium sound equalizer looks like? I have heard some say the bass should go to 12 and -12 mine only goes up to 8.
Also anyway to adjust the slacker premium account ( my own) setting to higher but rate. My car is a 2018 MS.
Thanks

Attachments

• 0AE988EE-C0CB-4323-A131-3E951E2708AE.jpeg
    0AE988EE-C0CB-4323-A131-3E951E2708AE.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 238
2018 model year vehicles with version 2.0 of the media control unit only have 8 stops on the EQ. That's probably what you guys have in your cars. Probably not a big deal unless you really need the granularity of 12 positions. 8 or 12 is just a number (see Spinal Tap's 11 amps). Reminds me of an experience I had last weekend where I was at a local pizza joint and asked the diameter of a medium. The server replied "I don't know but it has eight slices". I said I wasn't very hungry so she should just cut it into six instead. I was met with blank stares. o_O

Is this what the premium sound equalizer looks like? I have heard some say the bass should go to 12 and -12 mine only goes up to 8.
Also anyway to adjust the slacker premium account ( my own) setting to higher but rate. My car is a 2018 MS.
Thanks

My S is 2016 AP-1 is has 12 stops, it does not have immersive sound settings either. It has dolby surround checked or unchecked box only.

Sound is a listeners preference based on where one comes from, what they are listening to, where one is doing the listening, outside sounds that are around, mood, and a whole host of other influences that make these settings unique to any one song.

You cannot just set all cars in one place or ask what is the best setting from my perspective. In fact each song if done properly should be adjusted, it would never happen though in a car or by me at all. Set it where it sounds good to your ear and come back to it on occasion perhaps.

I said I wasn't very hungry so she should just cut it into six instead.

Hilarious LOL, but snippy.

2018 model year vehicles with version 2.0 of the media control unit only have 8 stops on the EQ. That's probably what you guys have in your cars. Probably not a big deal unless you really need the granularity of 12 positions. 8 or 12 is just a number (see Spinal Tap's 11 amps). Reminds me of an experience I had last weekend where I was at a local pizza joint and asked the diameter of a medium. The server replied "I don't know but it has eight slices". I said I wasn't very hungry so she should just cut it into six instead. I was met with blank stares. o_O

That's because 5/4 of the population can't do fractions. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: GWord