TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Premium Sound setting

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Rborhani, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Rborhani

Rborhani Member

Is this what the premium sound equalizer looks like? I have heard some say the bass should go to 12 and -12 mine only goes up to 8.
    Also anyway to adjust the slacker premium account ( my own) setting to higher but rate. My car is a 2018 MS.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Rborhani

Rborhani Member

I think I actually found the answer on another thread.

3. mansaini

mansaini New Member

Hi ,what did you find? I have the same model as you and i cant get figure out the best setting. thanks.

• Like x 1
  4. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

What software version are you on? By .24 you should be back to 12 level settings

• Like x 2
  5. DanL50

DanL50 Member

March 2018 MS. Have 2018.26....have always had, and still have, only 8 levels.

6. GWord

GWord Member

2018 model year vehicles with version 2.0 of the media control unit only have 8 stops on the EQ. That's probably what you guys have in your cars. Probably not a big deal unless you really need the granularity of 12 positions. 8 or 12 is just a number (see Spinal Tap's 11 amps). Reminds me of an experience I had last weekend where I was at a local pizza joint and asked the diameter of a medium. The server replied "I don't know but it has eight slices". I said I wasn't very hungry so she should just cut it into six instead. I was met with blank stares. o_O

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  7. Oldschool496

Oldschool496 Member

My S is 2016 AP-1 is has 12 stops, it does not have immersive sound settings either. It has dolby surround checked or unchecked box only.

Sound is a listeners preference based on where one comes from, what they are listening to, where one is doing the listening, outside sounds that are around, mood, and a whole host of other influences that make these settings unique to any one song.

You cannot just set all cars in one place or ask what is the best setting from my perspective. In fact each song if done properly should be adjusted, it would never happen though in a car or by me at all. Set it where it sounds good to your ear and come back to it on occasion perhaps.

Hilarious LOL, but snippy.

8. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

That's because 5/4 of the population can't do fractions. :rolleyes:

• Funny x 1