Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium TuneIn Radio - Has anyone EVER gotten it to work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signed up for Premium TuneIn Radio the day after taking delivery of the Phantom Cruiser and have tried ever since to enter my login credentials. All I get is "Login/Password Incorrect" in an infinite loop.

I've already contacted Tesla, the local service center and searched these and other forums. Seems hit and miss depending on the firmware version.

Has anyone EVER gotten this to work for them and had it stick? If so, HOW?

Thanks
B~

Signed up for Premium TuneIn Radio the day after taking delivery of the Phantom Cruiser and have tried ever since to enter my login credentials. All I get is "Login/Password Incorrect" in an infinite loop.

I've already contacted Tesla, the local service center and searched these and other forums. Seems hit and miss depending on the firmware version.

Has anyone EVER gotten this to work for them and had it stick? If so, HOW?

Thanks
B~
My personal free TuneIn ID/PW work everytime. I don't have Premium but don't think Tesla supports that. Phantom Cruiser?

Yeah. I can't understand. Some folks have gotten it to work... Then an update comes out and it breaks. Being an IT guy (but an expert by no means) I can't understand why there would be any difference between a free and a premium login credential. The car shouldn't care, but the website should.

LOL. ... Phantom Cruiser was the name of Space Ghost's ship... But now I'm telling my age.....

Yeah. I can't understand. Some folks have gotten it to work... Then an update comes out and it breaks. Being an IT guy (but an expert by no means) I can't understand why there would be any difference between a free and a premium login credential. The car shouldn't care, but the website should.

LOL. ... Phantom Cruiser was the name of Space Ghost's ship... But now I'm telling my age.....
There's other posts on this forum about it but as I understand it TuneIn says its Tesla's app that needs to be fixed...who knows but it's not a browser connection. Mine has worked through all the firmware updates from 6.x last year to current 7.1.24.102.

I made my own "free" TuneIn account mainly so I could access my stations and such on my iPhone and PC when not in the car. I log in with those credentials in the car and it works just fine. Maybe some feature of "premium" that the car's interface doesn't support???

I made my own "free" TuneIn account mainly so I could access my stations and such on my iPhone and PC when not in the car. I log in with those credentials in the car and it works just fine. Maybe some feature of "premium" that the car's interface doesn't support???
I am CHEAP an went with the free account. It does not like it. Of course I have not tried it in a few weeks. How recently were you able to get it to work? Perhaps they fixed it.

Also, what firmware version do you have?

Mine still works too but I have not tried logging out and back in.

I struck out logging into Tune In too. I also contacted Tesla and all they could tell me was to try rebooting. Nothing worked and I finally gave up.

I have heard a rumor that version 8.0 of the software will have some improvements to TuneIn. I also hope they fix the USB memory stick issues too.

I struck out logging into Tune In too. I also contacted Tesla and all they could tell me was to try rebooting. Nothing worked and I finally gave up.

I have heard a rumor that version 8.0 of the software will have some improvements to TuneIn. I also hope they fix the USB memory stick issues too.
I believe I read in this thread or another that TuneIn says its on their end. I would reach out to them to bring more attention to it.

I called Tesla Technical Support and they claimed not to be aware of the issue (which I find very hard to believe). We did try various things including reboots and logging in and out on a personal device, ultimately, gave up. I then contacted Tune In and they were very responsive, telling me that they were aware of the issue and were trying to work with Tesla to resolve.

Reactions: markn455 and msnow