Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrades Package for Old-timers!

Do you Regret Not getting OR getting the Premium Upgrades Package (PUP)

• Regret Not Getting PUP

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Do Not care for PUP

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • Regret Getting PUP

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Now that it is Standard, Regret Not getting PUP

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Should Tesla offer PUP Hardware Upgrade Option for Those Without PUP

Votes: 22 32.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didnt get it, miss nothing about it. Definitely not worth 5k.

Didn't get it. Happy I didn't spend $5k on it to find out it's now standard. Don't think it's needed. If I had to do it again point in time, still wouldn't have gotten it.

But some of these options would have been nice to have free of charge, or even at a small upgrade cost. Interior lighting, active headlights, auto presenting doors are nice; but not $5k nice.

Which option is that?

Reactions: P85_DA
Interior lighting: $120 from abstract ocean. I know it's not the same but AO is much brighter which I like.

Audio: non-PUP is nicer than what I had in ICE cars, so I'm good

Auto-presenting doors: accident waiting to happen. I'll probably disable it in my new X.

The only thing I think is worth it is the Bioweapons mode, which is less than $1K or $300 if you install yourself.

Reactions: P85_DA and gavine
I got PUP and love it. The only thing I could complain about is the PUP price drop which caused me to pay $2K more.

Tesla left money on the table by not offering the PUP for the reduced price to those who had already placed an order, but the car wasn't in production yet. Tesla could still capture some of those folks by offering a hardware upgrade for PUP or select options like sound system or heated steering wheel or self-presenting doors.

PUP here on an early 2018 MX. Love the sound system, HEPA & carbon filters and heated steering wheel. Couldn't care less about the self-presenting door - now switched off after a couple of very near misses when it triggered a bit too early on approach. No regrets, but it was over-priced IMO.

It should have always been standard on a 100+K car IMO, it's priced reasonably now than before when it was 5K.

This was not a very large survey but we still had half of the replies in favor of upgrade options. What shall be the next steps to send a clear message to Tesla's executives that offering fair priced upgrade options would show that they care about existing X/S owners and bring additional revenues.

Never thought about not getting PUP. Live on the east coast US, so cold weather package was something I knew I wanted. I like XM radio, so I needed the upgraded audio anyway. Didn't think I'd use the self presenting door, but I LOVE it and whenever I walk up to my wife's MDX, I stand there like an idiot waiting for the door to open.

• Funny
This was not a very large survey but we still had half of the replies in favor of upgrade options. What shall be the next steps to send a clear message to Tesla's executives that offering fair priced upgrade options would show that they care about existing X/S owners and bring additional revenues.

There is money to be made by Tesla if they do offer the hardware upgrade for PUP to those of use who did not get it when it was $5000. However, I am not sure if Tesla would have the resources to actually offer it (not sure how complex it might be to add new sound system, heated steering & whatever upgrade is needed for the self-presenting door?).

A tweet to Elon with a link to this thread doesn't hurt, I suppose! If any of you are on twitter then please feel free to do so. Tesla does have their own body shops now, so they could potentially offer these upgrades at the body shops.

• Love