Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Upgrades Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just ordered model s 75d. Wondering about premium upgrades package. It appears to offer very little for 5k. Heated steering wheel, backseats and upgraded stereo. I understand standard radio now much improved. 8 speakers and nice subwoofer. Folks have thoughts? I would pay if stereo much better. Don’t live in China so the upgraded air filtration probably not necessary. Thanks.

Like New Jersey is any better?!!? :D:p

(it's OK, I grew up in NJ).

Anyway, you're right it's a lot of dough for a few extra features, and it is overpriced. But if I were buying a new car, the cold weather package is a must, and the upgraded stereo is really nice to have as well. So I'd just bite the bullet and include it and leave off the sunroof, 21" rims, and FSD to save a few bucks.

I personally would not buy a Tesla without the PUP. The upgraded stereo alone makes a big difference and the other features are also very nice to have. Also don't forget you get a part of that $5K back when you sell the car and it would make it easier to sell the car. The heated steering wheel is super great in a cold day :D

I personally would not buy a Tesla without the PUP. The upgraded stereo alone makes a big difference and the other features are also very nice to have. Also don't forget you get a part of that $5K back when you sell the car and it would make it easier to sell the car. The heated steering wheel is super great in a cold day :D

Especially when people comparing S's to used 3's won't find heated steering wheels on the 3's! :D

Seriously, this wasn't a thing until now, and now it is: if you ever intend to sell it, you want PUP on it to differentiate it.

Reactions: Electricious
Especially when people comparing S's to used 3's won't find heated steering wheels on the 3's! :D

Seriously, this wasn't a thing until now, and now it is: if you ever intend to sell it, you want PUP on it to differentiate it.

Absolutely. We are looking to buy a Tesla and will not even consider buying one without the PUP features. Our view is when there are cars available to buy with the PUP features, why even bother buying one without the PUP features since the price difference is not that great.

Get the PUP because you will enjoy all the features (especially the upgraded audio) and will some of that money back when you sell.

Reactions: davidc18
Just ordered model s 75d. Wondering about premium upgrades package. It appears to offer very little for 5k. Heated steering wheel, backseats and upgraded stereo. I understand standard radio now much improved. 8 speakers and nice subwoofer. Folks have thoughts? I would pay if stereo much better. Don’t live in China so the upgraded air filtration probably not necessary. Thanks.
BTW pmed you a referral code if you need it

With forest fires in BC last year the bio weapon Defense mode was of value (I hear from others).

The stereo sounds fantastic.

Heated seats, wheel, wipers and nozzles all make it possible to go on long trips in fall/winter and be more comfortable.

I would get PUP.

I went back and forth with this question, too. I felt 5k was a bit high. But, on the flip side, I could not add this package after the fact, and I may get upset I didn't add it.

Now that I have it, the stereo is fantastic. It's loud, smooth, clear, bass, fills the MX evenly. The automatic doors are also great to have. I use it all the time. And the heated seats for ever seat is great to have. Kids love them.

Do I think those few things are worth 5k, maybe not, but I'm glad I got them! I'd get the package again.

Thanks all. Bought the 100d. Range won out. Did not get pup. Only things I don’t have are the hepa filter, the heated wheel and heated backseats (I have it on my ice car and haven’t used it but once in 3 years) and the upgraded stereo. I did side by side and actually liked the standard stereo. The bit rate lower on slacker on standard but not when Bluetoothing thru phone. I took 5 k and made it easier to pull trigger on 100. Thanks. And yes I had a code from buddy. Appreciate all the offers.

• Informative
Reactions: xyeahtony