Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium vs. Standard Interior Comparison Pictures?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rats:
Here is a pic that I collected showing the Premium Interior with the lighting aglow.
It does not show the Alcantana on the dash surface too well however.
This also has the tan interior and what appears to be the gloss Obeche.
It also nicely depicts the black Alcantana headliner on the front windshield pillar.

ui_option_premium_large.jpg

Last edited:
There is no apparent difference that you would see in a picture like that. I do not have premium interior and it looks virtually identical to this. The difference is that the premium interior uses Nappa Leather on surfaces where the regular interior uses imitation leather.

In addition, the premium interior has the ambient led lighting in the footwells and under the door panels and the Alcantara on the upper surface of the dash.

The standard interior would not have the led lighting nor the Alcantara on the dash.
Todd is totally correct. Other than those two things the door panels would be in a imitation leather and
the large panels under the dash would also be in imitation leather as would be the airbag cover on the center of the steering wheel.

Not sure if the steering wheel rim cover is leather in the Premium Interior Package?? I know the airbag cover is leather in that option. Anyone know??

As a historical note, the led lighting was once (prior to Oct of 2014 or sometime around then) a stand alone option and not part of the premium interior package. Additionally, the parking sensors were once a stand alone option as well, but were rolled into the Tech Package. Also around
the December 2014 time frame it was rumored that the heated steering wheel was added to the Cold Weather Package, it became solidified
in January 2015 Design Center option description. There was a lot of teeth gnashing on the P85D order thread regarding this.
Also a thread titled "Will I Get My Hands on a Heated Steering Wheel". Also around that time, the Yacht Flooring left the option status and became standard equipment. These options are always in a state of flux since I have been Tesla shopping. Fun Stuff.

I am not sure the motive there by TM is profit, but rather offering a more luxurious feel to the interior to those who desire it.
I am sure TM's cost for this option is less than the asking price.
Do you need it? vs Do you want it?

Last edited:
I thought that the alcantara on the dash was standard when you ordered the alcantara headliner.

You may be right, but I am unsure. I have only seen it present on those Model S which have the Premium Interior Package and Headliner... this is worth checking into.
Thanks for that input Glitch... I will have to go ask my sales person about that.....

Ok, an update... you are correct...

The Premium Interior Package forces Alcantara as a headliner and dash covering.

If you do not choose The Premium Package you can the Alcantara dash covering if you select the Alcantara Headliner vs the standard Textile Headliner.

Last edited: