Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium vs Upgraded audio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL

The sound quality on the SR+ is definitely NOT better than most premium cars on the road.
And most certainly not even comparable to any new Range Rover premium audio. What bogus fake news! To the OP... I highly suggest you listen to both before you purchase. We own a LR and an SR+. SR+ audio sounds very incomplete.

This is my personal experience sitting in the drivers seat. My wife has a Jag (same audio system has the RR), and I still think the model 3 sounds better sitting in the driver's seat. I think it has a lot to do with the way the set up, up front is.

But folks, is it better than a $40-60k home theater system??

Honestly, it might not be as good as other cars but none of them sound that great. My perspective - we're buying a car *with* a sound system for entertainment, not a home theater with electric torque... and adjust your expectations accordingly. :) You might want to consider getting the SR+ and investing the difference in an AWESOME receiver / speaker setup at home...

But folks, is it better than a $40-60k home theater system??

Honestly, it might not be as good as other cars but none of them sound that great. My perspective - we're buying a car *with* a sound system for entertainment, not a home theater with electric torque... and adjust your expectations accordingly. :) You might want to consider getting the SR+ and investing the difference in an AWESOME receiver / speaker setup at home...

My exact thoughts. I feel like if I am ok with the SR+ audio most should be (have a home theaters, so really care about audio). Plus, how many people are listening to podcast now instead of music? Some of the comments in this thread make is sound like you will be listening to your music through a $29 echo dot.

• Love
Reactions: Siromnom