Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium White Interior, regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. I ordered a P3D+ with the premium white interior. Has anyone ordered and taken delivery and then regretted getting the white seats at some point? I have a MX with the white interior and truly enjoy it, however, I'd be driving the P3D more and am now thinking twice about it due to possible dye stains or just the overall longevity of the material.

On another note, if you have a black interior, did you wish you ordered the white?

I just got back from a long road trip with family, and I absolutely do not regret getting white. Any smudges or marks (in my experience) came off easily with disinfecting wipes. Funnily enough, I actually have more issues with the black part of the trim getting scuffed and grease marks.

Lastly I personally think the white makes the interior more warm and inviting vs black premium.

Hope this helps!

I found out you don't wear new (dark) jeans and wear them for a week without washing them a couple times first. My 6 month old "3" has a slight blue tint, but I suspect with a proper cleaner, they'd be white again. I haven't cleaned any of my seats yet.

• Informative
Reactions: puppers
I have a Blue Performance 3 with white interior. I like the white seats, but was getting a lot of reflection of the white dash piece which obscured the visibility of the side/wing mirror. I eventually wrapped it with 3M Matrix Black and the reflections are gone. I didn't really notice the white dash reflection until I installed SUMA aftermarket mirror glass....

I have a Blue Performance 3 with white interior. I like the white seats, but was getting a lot of reflection of the white dash piece which obscured the visibility of the side/wing mirror. I eventually wrapped it with 3M Matrix Black and the reflections are gone. I didn't really notice the white dash reflection until I installed SUMA aftermarket mirror glass....

That is especially helpful! This past weekend, I went to drive a LR M3 with the white interior and I did notice that too. It was extra sunny, so I was thinking it was just bad glare, but that's a great point. I'll have to keep an eye for that whenever I take delivery of mine. Seems like forever.

BTW, loving the NSX! I just sold my 2018 Type R in favor of the P3D. Prior to that, I had a turbocharged S2000. NSX will always be a fantastic car!

• Helpful
Reactions: mewantcookiez
I ordered black because i liked the wood trim on the dash but they offered me the white for free to get my delivery sooner. I was super worried that I made the wrong choice but I think I prefer it now. It feels like a space ship. Everyone compliments the white seats. and almost everyone worries about them getting dirty lol

Reactions: Dre78 and puppers
BTW, loving the NSX! I just sold my 2018 Type R in favor of the P3D. Prior to that, I had a turbocharged S2000. NSX will always be a fantastic car!

Thanks for the kind NSX comments ! You had a Type R ??? That is so cool !!! I heard the Type R's are a worthy successor to the NSX and S2000. I heard some dealers are still asking over MSRP for the cars...

If you do get a reflection from the white dash piece, it is easy to remove and wrap. I bought the 3M vinyl from Amazon for about $26 for a 5' X 1' roll. Did you take delivery in Rocklin ? I live in Sacramento and took delivery in Rocklin.

I guess I regret getting white interior because I bought $20 worth of cleaning materials and product but unable to restore the bright white at delivery.

But mostly I'm able to sit in the car to enjoy driving.

And I'm very thankful for white interior when sitting in the car on a hot summer day.

Thanks for the kind NSX comments ! You had a Type R ??? That is so cool !!! I heard the Type R's are a worthy successor to the NSX and S2000. I heard some dealers are still asking over MSRP for the cars...

If you do get a reflection from the white dash piece, it is easy to remove and wrap. I bought the 3M vinyl from Amazon for about $26 for a 5' X 1' roll. Did you take delivery in Rocklin ? I live in Sacramento and took delivery in Rocklin.

Yeah, I had my Type R for about a year and a half, rented a Tesla on Turo for work and I fell in love lol. Went to test drive a P3D shortly after and fell in love again, so ended up with both the 3 and X. Yeah, I believe they're still asking over MSRP, it's crazy really.

Yeah, I would definitely plan on wrapping the white trim, you can totally see the reflection of it too and it does produce glare.

I haven't taken delivery of the P3D yet. For the MX, I had it delivered to my house where I completed the inspection. For the P3D, I will be taking delivery in Rocklin. I live in Roseville, so it's not too far away. These cars are something else!

My wife really wanted white on white, but I told her all the issues she'd have with keeping the white seats clean so she reluctantly agreed to go with black seats. She regretted it from the day the car showed up. She has now swapped out the black for white seats from Tsportline and had Tesla install a white dash to replace the wood. She's completely happy with the decision. She likes the perforated Tsportline seats better than the Tesla design so all is good.

Love the white interior. The white dash trim has better quality material than the wood trim. Also the dust actual more visible on black seat than white seat. You will regret if you don’t order white :)

Yeah, when I sat in the regular black interior, I could NOT stand the wood grain. It made me feel like I was in an old BMW, except it felt like cork board with some half resin on it. It wasn't cool for me lol. Okay, I'm keeping my white interior. Appreciate your guys' input!

We've got one of each. She drives and prefers the black since it doesn't get dirty as easily. I GREATLY prefer the white interior and have not regretted the decision. And secretly, she loves the white and appreciates that I keep it clean. We always drive my car on weekends when we are together.

You just have to be committed to wiping down the seats on occasion. After our daughter's soccer practices and matches, after hiking, skiing, etc. But it's very simple and takes only a minute.

No regrets whatsoever and have not had any bleeding of clothes color at all!! At least you can see the dirt on white and clean it unlike black!
E679FC20-C535-48C1-8E13-8ADAC379DDBB.jpeg

My wife and I were going to go with the standard black but then we saw the white seats in other cars at the SC and we loved the look. The white seats (with the red) just make the car *pop* and look, in my opinion, classy and elegant. I haven't had any issues with the seats in the 7 months of owning our M3 (but then again, we are uber clean). Get 'em, you'll love it!!