Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preowned not eligible for FSD discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's more than I'm willing to risk but I can see where you're coming from. My price for AP+FSD was still listed at $11k. I would have been tempted for both at $9k but who knows when they'll get around to installing the AP3 computers in the older models. Probably after the charge back goes through. I can't see them doing it then but who knows considering how disorganized they are. Did customer service ever write you to say that you should have qualified?

That's more than I'm willing to risk but I can see where you're coming from. My price for AP+FSD was still listed at $11k. I would have been tempted for both at $9k but who knows when they'll get around to installing the AP3 computers in the older models. Probably after the charge back goes through. I can't see them doing it then but who knows considering how disorganized they are. Did customer service ever write you to say that you should have qualified?

Not in writing. Only got verbals. I saved the blog post and also the Elon tweet. Will see what happens.

Any luck from anyone getting this honored? I called 5 times that week letting them know my price was wrong. They said they would fix it but I had no luck.

Before March - 5k
During Sale - 3k
Bought FSD on my M3 - 2k

Now back up to 5k, next month even more?

Finally got a tesla supervisor to email me and here is his response.

"thanks for your patience. I apologize you didn't receive a response sooner and understand your frustration with the recent changes.
Cars purchased from a third party seller are ineligible for the Autopilot/ FSD discount. Special discounts, vehicle warranties, etc are void when purchased through a third party seller.
I do not have documentation to provide as this expectation should have been set by the third party seller.
We appreciate your support in our mission to sustainable energy.
Best,
JayLynn | Service Support Supervisor
12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020​

There are so many things wrong with this response. if they cannot provide evidence of this ineligibility in writing pre-release of the FSD discount the price should be legally honored.

Ouch, that explains why I haven't been able to upgrade either. Exact same situation for me. I tried buying on the first day of the sale but the price never updated. I've been waiting weeks for customer services to fix my upgrade price. I purchased my 100D a few months ago with 3k miles from a guy who didn't like it. Since it was the exact color and options we wanted, it seemed like a no brainier. My cs agent hasn't mentioned anything about a preowned exception. I got it in writing that they would honor the sale price though. I'll update the thread when I hear more.

did they honor the sales price? please upload that document or email so that others can use. thanks

Finally got a tesla supervisor to email me and here is his response.

"thanks for your patience. I apologize you didn't receive a response sooner and understand your frustration with the recent changes.
Cars purchased from a third party seller are ineligible for the Autopilot/ FSD discount. Special discounts, vehicle warranties, etc are void when purchased through a third party seller.
I do not have documentation to provide as this expectation should have been set by the third party seller.
We appreciate your support in our mission to sustainable energy.
Best,
JayLynn | Service Support Supervisor
12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020​

There are so many things wrong with this response. if they cannot provide evidence of this ineligibility in writing pre-release of the FSD discount the price should be legally honored.

blancito - the other frightening part of this Tesla response is that they also indluded "vehicle warranties" alongside "special discounts". Does this mean they will not honor the remaining factory warranty if you purchased a pre-owned from a third party dealer??

blancito - the other frightening part of this Tesla response is that they also indluded "vehicle warranties" alongside "special discounts". Does this mean they will not honor the remaining factory warranty if you purchased a pre-owned from a third party dealer??

No, they mean extended warranties are not offered for purchase for third party dealer bought vehicles. The Factory warranty is still in place for any vehicle from the original purchase date. If you feel you want / need an extended warranty check out these folks https://www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care/

Reactions: XCare EV
Sent Tesla support supervisor a "demand letter," with 2 week notice to respond. then will be taking this to small claims court. if anyone out there has done something similar please let me know.
thanks