TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Prep time

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jasonsc, Jan 22, 2016.

1. jasonsc

jasonsc Member

My Sig X just arrived at the SC, and I am hearing they are taking their time on the prep and deliveries. Anyone have any idea what I should consider reasonable? Obviously, I am very anxious, but I want it done right. At least the gaps looked descent on the pictures I have!

jason

2. jsollender

jsollender Member

make sure whenever they green light it to you that you have your own thorough check list to go over with fine tooth comb. For $100K you should take plenty of time to make sure it meets your QA. Elsewhere in the forums is an owners check list to print and bring with you at pickup...Congrats, eventually....

3. primetime

primetime Member

I was told it takes about a week once it finally arrives at the SC for them to do inspection. I expect mine to be shipping soon and after arriving I'm expecting another week or so before I will be able to drive it.

4. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Member

#4 FarmerDave, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Two and a half weeks for my Sig X. It had to go to a body shop first to fix an aluminum panel on the lift gate. :redface: I'm scheduled for delivery on Wednesday and you can bet I'll really check that lift gate over closely (not to mention everything else on the Model X Delivery Checklist).

tl;dr: It depends on how much make ready work the Service Center has to do.