Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prepaid US sim for tourists?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

We have an upcoming two-week vacation in Florida come June,
and I was wondering if you could recommend me a reliable prepaid SIM?
Roaming data costs are ridiculous ... when using it as much as I do.

Requirements:
- 4G data speed, preferably with a lot of data
- valid for at least two weeks
- *some* calling/texting included (unlimited calling/texting not needed, mainly using data)

Also, this is the first time I'm doing this ...
Is it recommended I order a SIM online prior to our departure or do I just walk into a (AT&T?) store and get one there?

Thank in advance

The major GSM carriers in the US are AT&T and T-mobile, and then a large number of MVNOs (resellers) that use one of the two above mentioned networks. My family has Cricket Wireless, which is actually an AT&T subsidiary and I think would work quite well for you. The SIM introductory package is I think $10 and then you pick a plan.

Unlike Europe, airports do not typically sell SIM cards so you are probably best off having one mailed to you in Belgium if possible or to your vacation address. Have a great vacation :)

I'm in Canada and use SIMs from Roam Mobility when I travel to the US. It's priced in $CDN and provides way more talk/text/data for far less than my normal carrier's roaming package does.

I know the OP is from Belgium, but I bring this up in case there is any European equivalent that might be worth investigating.