Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Prepare for Delivery" on account status - should I get excited?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife ordered a Model Y on 06/22/2020. I was just logging into her account this morning to complete registration details and it says "Prepare for delivery" on the Manage page just below the vehicle picture. In contrast, when I log into my own Tesla account (I placed a MY order 30 days ago) it says "Overview".

One possible difference between the two accounts is the Tesla finance application is still pending on hers (I just applied this morning), but it said "Prepare for delivery" before I completed the registration, trade-in, and payment areas.

Any thoughts on whether she may be getting a MY soon? Her config is White/White/Gemini/no FSD

So mine said Prepare for Delivery back in February when I ordered. It also listed the service center where I would be taking delivery (Plano). I noticed two weeks ago it no longer says Prepare for Delivery and the service center is not listed anymore. So who knows. But for at least 3 months mine said Prepare for Delivery lol

• Informative
Reactions: Hawkstrike
I doubt if even Tesla can predict that :) . White/White/Gemini/no FSD ,, Order March 2019. Charlotte Delivery .. in drafting contract mode since mid May 2020 , NO VIN or communication, only vague response from tesla .. estimated "4-8" week delivery time for me from factory reopen (Mid may)". Frustrating but kind of happy that it is stopping me from buying early while they are still fixing issues coming from their assembly lines....

• Helpful
I doubt if even Tesla can predict that :) . White/White/Gemini/no FSD ,, Order March 2019. Charlotte Delivery .. in drafting contract mode since mid May 2020 , NO VIN or communication, only vague response from tesla .. estimated "4-8" week delivery time for me from factory reopen (Mid may)". Frustrating but kind of happy that it is stopping me from buying early while they are still fixing issues coming from their assembly lines....
That’s good information. We will take delivery in Charlotte as well. The last few times we stopped by the parking lot was slam full with cars for delivery. I agree...the delay tends to relieve the anxiety about fit and finish issues, and with some exceptions there have been a lot of positive reports on the forums lately.

My wife ordered a Model Y on 06/22/2020. I was just logging into her account this morning to complete registration details and it says "Prepare for delivery" on the Manage page just below the vehicle picture. In contrast, when I log into my own Tesla account (I placed a MY order 30 days ago) it says "Overview".

One possible difference between the two accounts is the Tesla finance application is still pending on hers (I just applied this morning), but it said "Prepare for delivery" before I completed the registration, trade-in, and payment areas.

Any thoughts on whether she may be getting a MY soon? Her config is White/White/Gemini/no FSD
I originally ordered 9/2019...changed configuration 6/4/2020. Received a VIN and purchase agreement in my account 6/25/2020...both gone the next day, back at drafting contract....it's anyone's guess as to what their process is. I'm also a Charlotte delivery. MSM, black interior, performance no upgrade, FSD 20in rims

• Helpful
Update - once the Tesla loan status went from “pending” to approved (with lender and rates noted) it now says “Overview” instead on “Prepare for delivery”. Now I just have to convince my wife to come home from the delivery center...

similar situation for me- same configuration and ordered 4/1/19. I haven’t heard anything other than the generic “we are prioritizing those orders with all steps complete” which was in late April. If you heard 4-8 weeks, that would be great. Good luck!