Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Prepare for delivery" - Telsa page changes - No Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reported on Reddit already

Log in to your Tesla page. New updates and registration process all being populated.

No dates for delivery, but the initial stages for setup is active.

19" AWD-LR - Black Interior; Regular Autopilot --- San Diego, CA.

Yep. Funny thing is, I ordered a MS LR+ a few days ago, which is due by March 31. Today's config page for the MY order (yes, I hedged my bets) goes further than the MS order process... suggesting delivery truly is imminent (as in a couple of weeks). (This was my experience in Dec '17 for our M3 - config and delivery within days.)

Reactions: montreid
No email but I got the same change in my account page- "Prepare for Delivery"... and then nothing else. Still excited and hoping for March (let me help you make your Q1 numbers Tesla!). For those keeping track, its a Blue AWD LR, Black Interior, 19" Gemini, FSD ordered around Jan 20, 2020.

Feb 1st Order for LR AWD Blue w/ White Interior, 19" Gemini Wheels, FSD in Washington DC has the updated page, no email.

I wonder if all orders switched to this "Prepare for Delivery" page - looks like they rolled out a new page layout on the whole..

I was expecting summer time as a best case scenario, but looks like it might be faster?

Jeez,
Yea I'm a bit unprepared. I placed an order yesterday 2.26.2020, no email but my page says prepare for delivery. AWD LR midnight silver w/ 20" wheels. I was really expecting to have a few months to prep and figured I was just basically getting in line! I still need to go to my credit union and secure financing and sell my 2012 Leaf! No way I could be getting it that fast right!?

There's less of S curve like with the 3 and really need to know where to ship bunches of cars out into which locations - so they need to get everyone's ducks started to line up and be ready to take on delivery when the car arrives.

That means get everyone's financing and paperwork ready to go, fill the slot, and then fill the order to the destination when coming off the line. Last thing they want is a car sitting around waiting for delivery being taken at point of destination (or worse, in Fremont lot)

Jeez,
Yea I'm a bit unprepared. I placed an order yesterday 2.26.2020, no email but my page says prepare for delivery. AWD LR midnight silver w/ 20" wheels. I was really expecting to have a few months to prep and figured I was just basically getting in line! I still need to go to my credit union and secure financing and sell my 2012 Leaf! No way I could be getting it that fast right!?

Right. Everyone’s page updated. Unless you received an email stating to expect delivery in March, then it’ll still be a while most likely.

I got an email yesterday for my mod 3 with VIN and statement that my car would be delivered to Seattle today 27 Feb 2020.
"Once we have payment and the vehicle has arrived we can start sourcing transport."
So how do they plan to get it to me (barge to Anchorage then train to Fairbanks?) and who of my neighbors will they tap to deliver it to me?
I feel that the wait is almost over.
As a note on estimated delivery, today is the start of the original projected delivery window when I ordered the car 7 weeks ago.