Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prepare me for Used Model S Payment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm waiting on a used model S to be shipped from Vegas to NJ. I have a loan with a local credit union for most of the amount. I will also cut a personal check for a separate amount. The credit union basically gives me a blank check with a max amount I can write. I've been reading about some people having to pay for the vehicle before scheduling a pick up at the delivery center. I had every intention of paying for the car with the two checks at the moment I pick it up, is that an unreleastic assumption? It clearly states on their website that " If you are picking up your car in person, final payment can be made during your delivery appointment. "

I live in NJ too and flew down to Atlanta to pick it up. I told them that I would not be sending a wire transfer before I picked up the car. I showed up at the dealer with a bank check and handed it over after going over the car. No way was I going to send them money for a car I hadn't seen in person.

Yup, I brought a blank check from the credit union, and after I did a walk around with my sales adviser, I filled out the check for the balance. I was happy with the condition inside and out (but the whole process from beginning to end left much to be desired). My credit union called me after the check was deposited, and I went in to sign papers outlining the terms.