Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preparing car for (covered) cross-country transport: anything special need to be done

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am about to have my Model S transported from Chicago to California (yay) and was wondering if there's anything special I need to know/do before handing the car over to the transporter. I selected covered transportation with a carrier who supposedly has experience with Teslas. In the event they aren't that experience, just curious if there's anything I should know in advance.

Thanks!

Couldn't agree more...I was going to have my car shipped from Chicago to Phoenix but then realized that I would have missed out on a golden opportunity to drive the supercharger highway...in retrospect, one of the greatest experiences...but probably irrelevant at this point...so like dsm363 stated, nothing special...

Couldn't agree more...I was going to have my car shipped from Chicago to Phoenix but then realized that I would have missed out on a golden opportunity to drive the supercharger highway...in retrospect, one of the greatest experiences...but probably irrelevant at this point...so like dsm363 stated, nothing special...
I recently transported a roadster coast to coast. Just charge it so it doesn't run out. I didn't use covered carrier. Saw little risk of uncovered and carrier covers any damage without deductible. It was half the price of covered. Maximum coverage for open was 250K. The closed carried insurance of 250K to 2.5 mil. Used door to door auto transport