Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preparing for install!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TBrownTX

Dec 25, 2020
Dallas, TX
Just finished clearing out one wall in my garage and the attic where 9.6kW panels and two Powerwalls will be installed on June 3rd. It's getting real!

Screen Shot 2022-05-15 at 4.34.20 PM.png

Just finished clearing out one wall in my garage and the attic where 9.6kW panels and two Powerwalls will be installed on June 3rd. It's getting real!

View attachment 804712
Nice! Congratulations!

I have the solar capacity as you I, but wish I had gone with two powerwalls instead of the one.

It still works a treat though and the one powerwall easily powers the house from sundown to sunup, and the panels provide about 65 kWh a day (45-50kWh on very cloudy days) but on average, double my typical daily consumption.

I clip at 7.7kW for the very top of the generation curve during the day, but was advised from here that adding another inverter (3.8kW) would be a waste since 7.7 kW for a 9.6kW system is so close to the practical output anyway and still gives ample room for panel degradation over the years of life.

You’ll LOVE your energy independence! and the system looks cool too lol!

Does anyone else with tesla solar think about drilling a well for water, to be even MORE off grid? Lol!

Reactions: TBrownTX