Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preparing for your Model S: Selecting outlet, Solar City, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mike's Electric. Among other things, they quoted an expected low and high end for each part of job, while stating that it could vary based on actual work. Reviews on Angie's List showed that they will sometimes charge less than estimated.

Also, very, very few bad reviews, while they have more total than the other contractor, so it's not just statistical noise.

Thanks, I will call him for a quote as well. I knew Solar City would be high so I wasn't going to even waste my time calling them.

Mike's Electric. Among other things, they quoted an expected low and high end for each part of job, while stating that it could vary based on actual work. Reviews on Angie's List showed that they will sometimes charge less than estimated.

Also, very, very few bad reviews, while they have more total than the other contractor, so it's not just statistical noise.

Your situation sounds very similar to mine. I don't have any free breakers with the possible exception of a range that is unused since we switched to a gas stove. Perhaps that can be used to save the cost of a new panel.

I'll have to give Mike's a call when the time comes (April, I think.)

Just picked up 125' of 3ga teck cable yesterday. :) One step closer to being ready for my Model S.

teck_cable.JPG

Not yet, but it was an advertised feature that we expect with future updates and the app.

Delayed start/stop was recently added to the OpenEVSE project, so if you had built one of those, adding an inexpensive $9-$15 I2C date module and reprogramming the chip gets you delayed start/stop capability. Handy until Tesla releases the timers built into the Model S... 75A OpenEVSE I built: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/wiki/75AOpenEVSE