Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prepay Premium Connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
I am pretty sure I heard Elon say (a while back) that one would be able to pay for Premium Connectivity either monthly or annually. But looking at my My Tesla account I only see the monthly option.

I'd prefer annually. Can that be done?

Where will I be able to see my connectivity level? I'm not sure if I have this premium level. MCU1 and I don't play games use the browser. 2017 90D I don't see anything on the app under upgrades.
Did you get it free with the car? If you have satellite maps and access to Spotify/etc then you should have it. It's $9.99/month normally.

Where will I be able to see my connectivity level? I'm not sure if I have this premium level. MCU1 and I don't play games use the browser. 2017 90D I don't see anything on the app under upgrades.

On my S when I open the Software page on the touchscreen there's a space reading "Premium Connectivity" followed by the data it expires.

Yes. Just like some older Teslas have lifetime supercharging some also have lifetime premium connectivity.
The date on those cars is up to 30 June 2018. Cars ordered after that date pay.
Some used or CPO cars though that were purchased from Tesla may have lost that free connectivity. So, we can't just say, "older cars all have it". Like all things Tesla, ' it depends '.

Reactions: Patrick W
The date on those cars is up to 30 June 2018. Cars ordered after that date pay.
Some used or CPO cars though that were purchased from Tesla may have lost that free connectivity. So, we can't just say, "older cars all have it". Like all things Tesla, ' it depends '.

Hence my use of the qualifier "some". But, you are right. With Tesla one never really knows for sure. :)

Reactions: Akikiki