Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prescheduled Recurring club meet-ups in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does that not negate the whole idea of a "meetup"?

Hi Steve,

Haven't you ever thrown an open house type party? It has the advantage of being the most flexible for peoples' schedules and will support a larger turnout. The downsides is it is not as intimate as say a small dinner party at a prescribed time. There are trade-offs to any approach. As Randy suggested we could try both approaches and see which is preferred, or even alternate between approaches.

I would welcome your suggestions for recurring local meet-ups in the Southeast Region. If you prefer the fixed time approach that's fine.

Larry

PS By the way, I have received your emails and emails from other members, but when I sent out two mass mailings in just a few minutes my email provider interpreted it as spam and suspended my ability to send out emails for 24 hours. I can receive emails, but I can't send yet. I'll respond to you and other members when I can send out emails.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I know it's been awhile since I have been on TMC but I'm back! I would like to begin having a monthly gathering in the Ft. Myers area then alternating with Naples beginning in January. I will start seeking possible locations and am open to suggestions. I would like some feedback of days and times that you would like to have these monthly gatherings. The Ft. Myers location will probably be in Gulf Coast Town Center which is where the Supercharger is located. Amy Turner, who is a naples resident and owner mentioned to me that Naples will soon be placing EV chargers in down town Naples as well. I will be starting another thread called SW FL Tesla Group Weekend which will talk about having a weekend gathering in the Ft. Myers/Naples area next year, so please join in as well. Glad to be back and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Welcome back, Erol. Good to hear from you again. I think a very loosely organized monthly meet ups are a good idea. We'll definitely try to attend if schedule allows.

Thanks Steven, Its great to be back. I would love to see you and Binh again soon. Do you and Binh have a preference in time of day, lunch vs dinner vs cocktails, day of the week?

I would assume changing the restaurant and alternating Ft. Myers and Naples locations would allow more people to attend but understandably not every month. The idea would be to have a pre-scheduled meeting around the same time each month. I'm personally not an early bird so not really interested in a monthly Cars and Coffee. I would also like to have it on a different weekend as the Sarasota/Tampa area monthly gatherings.

Weekends tend to work better for us. However, since our work can be unpredictable, please don't schedule anything on our account. We'll just try to come when we can. I think it's a good idea to have it on a different day than the Sarasota meet so that the events are not competing with each other.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for joining the conversation.

This brings up a subject that I would like to solicit feedback from our membership.

Although in general weekends are most convenient for most members, I would appreciate it if people would express their opinion about the feasibility of having meet-ups on Sundays or weekdays as well.

Thanks.

Larry

Thanks Steven, Its great to be back. I would love to see you and Binh again soon. Do you and Binh have a preference in time of day, lunch vs dinner vs cocktails, day of the week?

I would assume changing the restaurant and alternating Ft. Myers and Naples locations would allow more people to attend but understandably not every month. The idea would be to have a pre-scheduled meeting around the same time each month. I'm personally not an early bird so not really interested in a monthly Cars and Coffee. I would also like to have it on a different weekend as the Sarasota/Tampa area monthly gatherings.
Yes, would be great to select a different weekend for the Ft Myers area regular meet-up from the weekend selected for the Sarasota/Tampa area regular meet-up. On occasion, I would drive down for the Ft Myers meet-ups, and I am sure the reverse would also occasionally occur.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Steve,

Thanks for joining the conversation.

This brings up a subject that I would like to solicit feedback from our membership.

Although in general weekends are most convenient for most members, I would appreciate it if people would express their opinion about the feasibility of having meet-ups on Sundays or weekdays as well.

Thanks.

Larry
I would attend a mid-week event if I was here. But I travel for work most weeks, thus Friday evenings and Saturdays are best for me personally. But, if there is a substantial contingent available for other times, it opens up possibilities for special deals and opportunities, only available on the off-days.

Recurring meets sounds like a great idea. This is nothing more than a "what works for me" data point, so please don't read too much into it. My car related activities are generally scheduled around Cars & Coffee at the duPont Registry on the 3rd Saturday of each month. So my ideal times would be either brunch afterward or happy hour the Friday night before.

Recurring meets sounds like a great idea. This is nothing more than a "what works for me" data point, so please don't read too much into it. My car related activities are generally scheduled around Cars & Coffee at the duPont Registry on the 3rd Saturday of each month. So my ideal times would be either brunch afterward or happy hour the Friday night before.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your response.

I understand. These recurring events of course are not intended to replace the regular duPont Registry Cars and Coffee events, but rather supplement them.

If we can get a local organizer to assist in coordination we will probably follow-up on Joe's earlier suggestion and schedule recurring events at the Regency Square Mall near the Brandon Superchargers.

Larry

Thank you Alex and Steve for your feed back regarding the Ft. Myers and Naples areas.

My Idea would be to have a set weekend (for an example the 3rd weekend of the month) but I would like to have for instance, a gathering in a Naples restaurant on the EVEN months and Ft. Myers on the ODD months. That way it will service the area better for everyone. I realize everyone will not be able to come out every time but at least you have a better opportunity to attend some. I would love some thoughts about this idea. I have several ideas on how I would get the information out to the club each month to announce place, date, and time. (Steven Lee I will need your assistance with this part if possible :biggrin:)

Thank you Alex and Steve for your feed back regarding the Ft. Myers and Naples areas.

My Idea would be to have a set weekend (for an example the 3rd weekend of the month) but I would like to have for instance, a gathering in a Naples restaurant on the EVEN months and Ft. Myers on the ODD months. That way it will service the area better for everyone. I realize everyone will not be able to come out every time but at least you have a better opportunity to attend some. I would love some thoughts about this idea. I have several ideas on how I would get the information out to the club each month to announce place, date, and time. (Steven Lee I will need your assistance with this part if possible :biggrin:)

Hi Erol,

Thanks Good idea.

Do you have any candidate resturant locations for these meet-ups? One of our members highly recommended Famous Dave's at Gulf Town Center. I've never been there.

Larry

I don't think Famous Dave's is very good BBQ but I guess these things are subjective.

Erol if you need any help let Kim and I know.

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the feedback.

The Islamorada Fish Company and Connors Steak and Seafood, both at Gulf Town Center, have done an excellent job accommodating our club functions in the past.

Larry