Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prescheduled, Recurring Meet-ups in Orlando

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
At our last club event a club member suggested that we pursue the idea of prescheduled, recurring local meet-ups. The concept would be that once a month there would be a standing tentative meet-up at a restaurant that local members could periodically attend as their schedules permitted. These types of events would be geared for smaller, localized groups and would fill in between the larger, regional or statewide events that I assist in organizing. The general concept is being discussed at Prescheduled Recurring club meet-ups

This thread is intended to specifically discuss recurring meet-ups in Orlando or the Central Region of our club.

Club members Keith and Bob (Co-Chairmen of the Central Region Events Committee) would like to suggest a meet-up geared specifically for the Orlando area.
They would like to suggest a few options centered on The Mall at Millenia. As you probably know the Supercharger Station at the Turkey Lake Service Plaza on the Florida Turnpike is now operational and it is only 7 miles from the Mall.

OPTION 1:
The Brio Tuscan Grille a popular Italian restaurant located at The Mall at Millenia. We could have a standing schedule to meet there for lunch on the second Saturday of every month at noon.
OPTION 2:
The Blue Martini Lounge is a popular martini bar and restaurant located at The Mall at Millenia. It has a happy hour from 4-8pm. Every second Friday of the month we could have a standing schedule to meet from 4 to 7 pm.
OPTION 3:
We meet once per month and we alternate the day of the week each month. For example, for Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep & Nov we meet on the second Friday of the month for happy hour at the Blue Martini. Then, on the alternate months, we meet for lunch on the second Saturday of the month at the Brio Tuscan Grille.

If there is interest we would like to pursue one of these options starting next year. Due to initial scheduling issues we would probably not start until around January 23 or 24, but following that the meet-ups would be held the second Friday or Saturday of the month.

I have sent out a mass emailing to our Central Region membership soliciting their preferences.

I would like to invite further discussion and suggestions here on TMC. If you are not a club member you are still welcome to join us at these events and I would welcome any comments that you have by posting here. If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Thanks.

Larry​

I like option 3 since it alternatives days since my schedule varies. The Mall at Millenia is Orlando's upscale mall and a nice area to meet at. Once meetings begin, we can then decide if this or another one of the many restaurants on mall property is the best place to meet. ie Parking, noise level in restaurant, enough room for our group etc. George