Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prescott, AZ October 25, Meet-Up / Road Trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With APS's transformer having arrived in Cordes Jct. today, it appears this trip will be a breeze for all 60s as well as 85s. Even to do the loop Phx-CordesJ-Prescott-W'burg-Phx.

We'll be in touch shortly - that is, in another 3,446 miles (but who's counting) - to try to coordinate a Wickenburg pit stop. We're leaving today!!!!! (If I ever get off the computer....)

I'm planning on making the drive up for this. Will likely bring either my wife and newborn or my 7 year old daughter, whomever wins the cage match.

I also have a 7 year old daughter who will likely come with me (my wife is 50-50...).

Mark -
Any thoughts on meeting time? Is the proposal to meet at the McDonald's at I-17 and Carefree Highway again?

- - - Updated - - -

With APS's transformer having arrived in Cordes Jct. today, it appears this trip will be a breeze for all 60s as well as 85s. Even to do the loop Phx-CordesJ-Prescott-W'burg-Phx.

We'll be in touch shortly - that is, in another 3,446 miles (but who's counting) - to try to coordinate a Wickenburg pit stop. We're leaving today!!!!! (If I ever get off the computer....)

I'm planning on doing that loop. If for some reason Cordes Junction isn't open, we'll go up and back through Wickenburg...

have a safe drive south...

Mark -
Any thoughts on meeting time? Is the proposal to meet at the McDonald's at I-17 and Carefree Highway again?
I'm thinking 10am at the McDonalds you mentioned for those who plan the trip via Cordes, but wonder about a meeting location for westsiders who will travel via Wickenberg. I've got a hunch that most owners may prefer the I-17 route over Grand Ave & Wickenberg. The SCS at Cordes may be overwhelmed by us arriving at the same time. If the SCS isn't open, we've got some huge challenges.

- - - Updated - - -

Audie: Looking forward to having you all back!

I'm thinking 10am at the McDonalds you mentioned for those who plan the trip via Cordes, but wonder about a meeting location for westsiders who will travel via Wickenberg. I've got a hunch that most owners may prefer the I-17 route over Grand Ave & Wickenberg. The SCS at Cordes may be overwhelmed by us arriving at the same time. If the SCS isn't open, we've got some huge challenges.

Thanks Mark.

I don't think the Cordes Junction Supercharger will be much of a bottleneck on the way up. I just did a quick EV trip planner est from my house, up to Cordes, over to Prescott and back through Wickenburg. That will take 209 RM at 5 over the limit -- so us 60s will only require one Supercharge for this day trip, so a short plug in at Cordes on the way up and another short stop at Wickenburg would be more than sufficient...

I could even do the trip without a stop in Cordes if it's still not open...

On a side note... My daughter got a kick out of your new office, especially the door.

Last edited:
We're home!
A great trip - it's given us some innovative ideas. And this is after having driven to/from Alaska some three dozen times over the decades. But that's a topic for elsewhere.

Mark, others - we'd be happy to coordinate something here for the Road Trip, as we're directly on the W'burg<-->Prescott leg of the loop, if any choose that option. We'd need to think and act quickly, though, as this is now just a week away and as can be expected, we've a passel and a pile and a mountain of Stuff To Do upon just returning. PM me if you haven't our email/phone - thanks!

On edit: uh....about TWO weeks.....:redface:

As some of you already know, our W'burg home is directly off the planned loop. Those of you making the loop in the counterclockwise direction and topping off at the W'bg SpC before heading up the Yarnell Ramp en route to Prescott are invited to mobilize here while awaiting the last to supercharge, so we can all proceed en masse. We'll provide refreshements but, so as not to spoil luncheon at Murphy's, will forego food.

We DO need to have a headcount sense, however. As our PM box is close to full, use our business email, please: cabinsATdenalihwyDOTcom. Provide suitable subject title so we're not ignoring it as accommodation request!

Oh, and per the pleading of MarkR, we also will have coed naked volleyball. But it's BYOCoeds and BYOPoolBoys.

I think Audie means "clockwise"... He must be neck deep in Aurora and Borealis fur as they get ready for naked volleyball...

For FYI, we're driving counterclockwise -- up through Cordes Junction (I'm old school and refuse to call it Cordes Lakes). We'll head back through Wickenburg...

I'm in a 60 -- EVTripper estimates that I'll need 209RM to do the circuit. Planning a short stop at Cordes on the way up (15 min max) and another stop at Wickenburg on the way back. I could get away without the Cordes charge, but I need it to pad my supercharger visit stats!

Last edited:
Hey! I'm in NZ this morning - or is it Seychelles???? - and am looking through the earth, so it appears anticlockwise to me.

Or something like that.

Clarification: If you're going through Wickenburg PRIOR TO the luncheon, then read my earlier post. :tongue:

Hi to all
Murphy's has set aside the mezzanine level for us. Just let Kelli know that you are part of the group. Parallel parking on Cortez, Willis, and they will let us park behind the restaurant if we need more.
Time of arrival is noon to 12:30, lunch, chat and plot our next trip. We can go to LA, or SanDiego, or CO or even Tucson now without concerns for fast recharges.
Hope to see you in Prescott! John and Mark
PS- we will want to take some outside group pictures- so shine 'em up!

Prepping for this weekend's rally - giving all something to look forward to. A lousy shot but it definitely gets its point across!

HERE is a pic that will show you what the road is like between Prescott and Congress...and this does not even include the Yarnell Ramp. I think I snapped this shot coming into Wilhoit, heading south from Prescott, on Jan 19:

Prescott.JPG

Great to see you all. Thanks to John for the leg work in putting this together.

Where do you want to be going next?

Do we want a house party near Phoenix or Tucson?

Is there any interest in regular club meetings?

Let us know! Thanks!

I was very sad to miss the trip today. We have a 1 month old baby that kept us from going. I'd definitely be interested in more of these.