Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Press and hold steering buttons ... used to give options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the older Model S (up to 2017 at least) you used to be able to press and hold the steering wheel buttons for volume (left) and on the right of the steering wheel. This would give you an option to select the kid of item you want displayed such as music, navigation, energy usage (chart), clock, etc. Not to mention controlling fans and climate.

But for the life of me, I can't get the updated MS 2022 w/ the yoke to do the same thing. I'd like to have the right display the energy display like I've had in an older MS but that just enables/disables the autopilot. On the left, it just fiddles with the music.

Is this a known change? Am I missing a UI button or option somewhere?

On the older Model S (up to 2017 at least) you used to be able to press and hold the steering wheel buttons for volume (left) and on the right of the steering wheel. This would give you an option to select the kid of item you want displayed such as music, navigation, energy usage (chart), clock, etc. Not to mention controlling fans and climate.

But for the life of me, I can't get the updated MS 2022 w/ the yoke to do the same thing. I'd like to have the right display the energy display like I've had in an older MS but that just enables/disables the autopilot. On the left, it just fiddles with the music.

Is this a known change? Am I missing a UI button or option somewhere?
Apparently you can not customize the screen in the refresh...I asked the same thing a few weeks ago in another thread.
There is not even an engery graph (yet) in the refresh...lots of complaints about it once you start looking. I, for one, hope they bring this back with a future update ...soon....

Wow really there isn't anything to show you the energy graph and realtime energy w/the accelerator? Seems like v11 sucks even more w/out this most useful feature.

Is it just the vehicle display w/car icons, speedo and icons? Is there even on-screen navigation?

I own a 2018 MX 100D with 10.9 FSD and I have also lost the energy graph (that used to be on the right in the dashboard screen) when I was approved for the FSD beta testing. Occasionally it shows up briefly at random intervals where it used to be but then it disappears. There is no rhyme or reason that I can figure.

I own a 2018 MX 100D with 10.9 FSD and I have also lost the energy graph (that used to be on the right in the dashboard screen) when I was approved for the FSD beta testing. Occasionally it shows up briefly at random intervals where it used to be but then it disappears. There is no rhyme or reason that I can figure.
Do you happen to have the "expanded FSD view" enabled?
I had to disable that feature to get my side screen options back when using FSD

Reactions: DerbyDave