Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Press Conference—July 17

FluxCap

Oct 3, 2013
DC
Anyone know of a live source for coverage of this press call? Last time this happened there was some random web site we found but I cannot recall where.

pGo

Jun 8, 2013
US
1: Upgraded battery pack to 90 KWh for $3,000
2: Offering 70 kWH single motor for $70k
3: Upgrade for the high-performance Model S to a Ludacris mode. 0-60 of 2.8 seconds.

hockeythug

Jun 3, 2013
Minnesota
They should really only do press releases for these types of announcements. I learned my lesson from the previous ones and sell before them so easy money for me I guess.

eloder

Mar 12, 2015
Ohio, USA
My take-aways so far on most impactful stock movers:

1) Silicon annode. This is tremendously huge.
2) Annual pack upgrades (alternative revenue stream to ongoing lack of maintenance on the cars)

Gtoffo

May 17, 2013
Milan, Italy
New battery chemistry.....interesting.......a few threads I know around the forum will be on fire later today.....:-D

Am I understanding correctly that the 90kWh battery is a 3000$ "option" for the 85kWh pack?

hershey101

Jan 22, 2013
New York, New York, United States
7.0 sw upgrade?
its being tested everyday... no clear timeline yet from elon...

- - - Updated - - -

people who are listening in and wanted to sell have sold... now the sellers will come back when big media picks this up...
I bet we open lower monday, and recover

FredTMC

Model S VIN #4925
Dec 26, 2012
Orange County CA
My take-aways so far on most impactful stock movers:

1) Silicon annode. This is tremendously huge.
2) Annual pack upgrades (alternative revenue stream to ongoing lack of maintenance on the cars)

really? You can upgrade your existing pack?

Man, I want to LISTEN to the call

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
Model III not for three years! I hope he is just referring to full-scale production and not initial production...

Live blog at:
https://transportevolved.com/2015/07/17/liveblog-tesla-motors-super-secret-surprise-announcement/

Update: this site says 'a bit more than 2 years'. Hopefully that is more accurate! http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetel...conference-call-expected-to-focus-on-model-s/

From Claudia Assis in the MarketWatch blog:

"In a separate press statement, Tesla says Model X is on track for deliveries in two months and the Model 3, the planned mass-market car, in a bit more than two years."

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC