Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pressing and holding the skip button now changes sources?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought something was wrong with my radio. I would switch between slacker songs and it would switch to the radio. I realized last night if I hold the button it switches sources, hold the back button and it goes back to the last source...

ie. Slacker to Tunin Favorite to Radio..

I guess I was holding the skip button too long and thought the changing sources was a bug..

I havent seen this mentioned anywhere, but then again I havent read every update thread either. ;)

• Helpful
Reactions: araxara
I thought something was wrong with my radio. I would switch between slacker songs and it would switch to the radio. I realized last night if I hold the button it switches sources, hold the back button and it goes back to the last source...

I guess I was holding the skip button too long and thought the changing sources was a bug..

I havent seen this mentioned anywhere, but then again I havent read every update thread either. ;)

This happened to me too, maybe about 3 or 4 weeks ago i noticed it. Strange but i've learned to live with it

I’m on firmware 7.1 (2.14.66) and what I notice, now happens, is that holding the skip forward or skip backwards buttons cycle through all my favorites (each time it is held). That means it will go through, for example, all your TuneIn favorites, followed by your Slacker favorites. In my case, I have about 20 favorite XM stations that I can skip through. There are only 6 presets on the XM “radio” display that are still accessed by just clicking the back/forward buttons. It goes through the favorites in the order they are on the Favorites Menu.

I don’t know how recently this has been implemented but it’s something that I wanted for a long time. It seemed silly, previously, to be able to go through one of 6 presents for AM/FM/XM radio, but not through the list of favorites for them. Now, all the various favorites are treated as one continuous list that you can skip through by just holding the back/forward buttons longer. Why don’t they document things like this in the release notes?

Now waiting for album art for XM radio.

I’m on firmware 7.1 (2.14.66) and what I notice, now happens, is that holding the skip forward or skip backwards buttons cycle through all my favorites (each time it is held). That means it will go through, for example, all your TuneIn favorites, followed by your Slacker favorites. In my case, I have about 20 favorite XM stations that I can skip through. There are only 6 presets on the XM “radio” display that are still accessed by just clicking the back/forward buttons. It goes through the favorites in the order they are on the Favorites Menu.

I don’t know how recently this has been implemented but it’s something that I wanted for a long time. It seemed silly, previously, to be able to go through one of 6 presents for AM/FM/XM radio, but not through the list of favorites for them. Now, all the various favorites are treated as one continuous list that you can skip through by just holding the back/forward buttons longer. Why don’t they document things like this in the release notes?

Now waiting for album art for XM radio.

It does seem odd that we know the cover art is not read from the file, but obtained through a database over the air, but does not show for XM radio despite XM showing artist/song title/album
Usual there is no album information for XM broadcasts, so the cover art should at worst case be generic for the artist. But XM does have some kind of art displayed when using their streaming app, so the information is available from their database at least, if not from the GraceNote database.

Thanks for posting this great tip!!! The upper >> button on the left steering wheel scrolls up through all of my favorites (FM, XM, TuneIn and Slacker) while the lower << button cycles back down the list. That is a real cool feature as it can get distracting and cumbersome to change these through the center console. Thanks again.