Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pressure sales tactic from sales advisor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Tesla M3 last night, it said it would be ready in 5-9 weeks and that was perfect because we're finishing up our mortgage next week and I didnt want to apply for financing until that had gone through and I had my down payment for my Tesla. I was fine with 5-9 weeks.

I get a call just now from someone at Tesla telling me my car is ready and I can come get it. I told him my situation and he seemed almost annoyed with me and said that if I didn't take this car there wouldnt be any more cars until December, and I might not get the rebate because there's "only 3million left in the bank."

Was this guy just being a jerkbecause it's the last day of the quarter and he's trying to sell as many Teslas as he can, or am I over-reacting? I told him I wasnt taking the car today and if I didnt get the rebate in December I would cancel my order.

Reactions: akidesir
I ordered a Tesla M3 last night, it said it would be ready in 5-9 weeks and that was perfect because we're finishing up our mortgage next week and I didnt want to apply for financing until that had gone through and I had my down payment for my Tesla. I was fine with 5-9 weeks.

I get a call just now from someone at Tesla telling me my car is ready and I can come get it. I told him my situation and he seemed almost annoyed with me and said that if I didn't take this car there wouldnt be any more cars until December, and I might not get the rebate because there's "only 3 million left in the bank."

Was this guy just being a jerk because it's the last day of the quarter and he's trying to sell as many Teslas as he can, or am I over-reacting? I told him I wasn't taking the car today and if I didnt get the rebate in December I would cancel my order.
Yes, they tend to be aggressive at quarter end to get as high sales numbers as possible for the inevitable effect on the stock at quarter end sales numbers. Your response to him is what I would have done as well.

....a jerkbecause...

You can try to time your Tesla delivery but historically, it's all over the map: Some would have to wait for a long time and some, like in your case, it's already ready for pickup!

You perceive that the salesman pressured you but on the flip side, he also informs you of the consequences for not picking it up when ready. It's your choice but don't blame him when what he forewarned you might come true.