Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pressure Washing under Frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S clearly gets wet (and muddy) in the "front motor area" under the frunk tub, and there is superficial corrosion on some surfaces.

Rich Rebuilds (You Tube etc) suggests that it is perfectly safe to pressure wash all the components hidden under the frunk tub. We all know he's brave (and maybe reckless, some might say).

I wonder what consensus opinion or experience is washing down this area - anyone spoilt anything?

Philip

I think it’s fine to clean the frunk itself with a pressure washer but not something that’s underneath it. It’s better just to use the minimum amount of water to rinse it and then dry it with towels. At least, I would do that.
You can text guys from sparklewash.com and ask about that. They are professional pressure washers, and they know better what the effect of pressure can be washing under the frunk. If you don’t know how to do something, it’s better to ask professionals about it. Generally, I try not to use a pressure wash to clean any insides of my car because it can provoke rust and rot of some car parts.