Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pretty decent rear lower trunk organizer found (and so-so one for the frunk)!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started researching some trunk organizers for the lower trunk area. I looked at a few custom made solutions online by the normal Tesla centered companies (evannex, etc.) and they seemed pretty good.

While I think the custom ones are great because of the dimensions of the area (the back is higher than the front so the custom organizers are made so that the back is higher), I wanted to try to save a little bit of money as well as buy something that might be a little more versatile than only for use in this car.

I researched many options on amazon and most were too high so wouldn't fit since they are meant to be used in a trunk (not a lower section of a trunk or anything like that). However, I did find one that seemed like it might work and the reviews were good. The price was also about $25 or so cheaper (so it wasn't the cheapest option on amazon but it was one that had solid reviews and was the right dimensions). It arrived yesterday and I tried it out tonight and it fit perfectly! The top opens and closes with no issues and it's great.

Like most of these solutions it folds up when not in use. This is very rigid so I believe this will last for a long time. I haven't seen or used the custom ones but I can't imagine them being any better build quality than this one.

If anyone else is interested, it's called a "Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer" and the shortcut to the item is here: http://amzn.to/2k3ekvk

I am attaching a picture. Please note that it doesn't come with the cargo net. That's just a net from another car and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to get it to work in here. Also, please excuse the first aid kit from Mercedes Benz. Tesla didn't come with one though so I had no choice but to use one from one of my old cars.

On another note, I also bought a taller trunk organizer for the frunk. I would not really recommend this one because it's a little too small. It leaves a big gap on the left and right but if you want that, it would be ok. The frunk dimensions are tough though because it gets so narrow on the left and right. In my case, I keep a separate cooler in the frunk so it works for me. The price was also not too bad at only ~$40. It does fit ok and the frunk closes fine.

The link to that one is: http://amzn.to/2zHyvpL

IMG_20171126_211713.jpg
IMG_20171126_211555.jpg

I will not buy anything from RPM Tesla, wont take any of their products for free, or even if they paid me. Their business ethic is absolutely appalling and nonexistent; I bet that "N" user, is their second account that they've been trolling other vendors with and using to advertise (as the above post). Absolutely disgusting.

I started researching some trunk organizers for the lower trunk area. I looked at a few custom made solutions online by the normal Tesla centered companies (evannex, etc.) and they seemed pretty good.

<snip>

If anyone else is interested, it's called a "Rola 59001 M.O.V.E. Rigid-Base Trunk Organizer" and the shortcut to the item is here: http://amzn.to/2k3ekvk

I am attaching a picture. Please note that it doesn't come with the cargo net. That's just a net from another car and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to get it to work in here. Also, please excuse the first aid kit from Mercedes Benz. Tesla didn't come with one though so I had no choice but to use one from one of my old cars.

On another note, I also bought a taller trunk organizer for the frunk. I would not really recommend this one because it's a little too small. It leaves a big gap on the left and right but if you want that, it would be ok. The frunk dimensions are tough though because it gets so narrow on the left and right. In my case, I keep a separate cooler in the frunk so it works for me. The price was also not too bad at only ~$40. It does fit ok and the frunk closes fine.

View attachment 263032 View attachment 263033

Thanks RVD98072,

I was looking for a storage solution and started with your suggestions above.

I looked at the premium offerings too (RPM/Evannex) and then dug through a bunch of Amazon's offerings before coming full circle back to your solution as "best of breed" and reasonable of cost...

While I think the custom ones are great because of the dimensions of the area (the back is higher than the front so the custom organizers are made so that the back is higher), I wanted to try to save a little bit of money as well as buy something that might be a little more versatile than only for use in this car.

I researched many options on amazon and most were too high so wouldn't fit since they are meant to be used in a trunk (not a lower section of a trunk or anything like that). However, I did find one that seemed like it might work and the reviews were good. The price was also about $25 or so cheaper (so it wasn't the cheapest option on amazon but it was one that had solid reviews and was the right dimensions). It arrived yesterday and I tried it out tonight and it fit perfectly! The top opens and closes with no issues and it's great.

Like most of these solutions it folds up when not in use. This is very rigid so I believe this will last for a long time. I haven't seen or used the custom ones but I can't imagine them being any better build quality than this one.

View attachment 263032 View attachment 263033

Thanks RDV98072,

I was looking for a storage solution for my Model X and started with your suggestions above.

I also checked out the premium brands and then dug through Amazon's offerings before coming full circle back to your solution as "Best of Breed" and "Reasonable of Cost"...

Are the sub floor storage wells in the Model X the same size for all seating configurations. I saw one advertised for the 6&7 seat configurations only with the 5 seat sold out. I have a 5 seat and the well is big and deep--begs for an organizer. Is the OP’s a 5 seat?

I will not buy anything from RPM Tesla, wont take any of their products for free, or even if they paid me. Their business ethic is absolutely appalling and nonexistent; I bet that "N" user, is their second account that they've been trolling other vendors with and using to advertise (as the above post). Absolutely disgusting.
You must be buddies with Scott, their competitor in Florida. Nice ethics trashing people you don't know.

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D