Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pretty piss poor service so far at the Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this at the Springfield SC? I've generally had very positive experiences with the staff there since they moved to Rt. 22. They do appear a bit stressed with all the Model 3's coming in though.

@JayNJ yeah which service center did you bring it to? There are actually three service centers in NJ now, not two. There’s one in Paramus, one in Springfield and a new one in Cherry Hill.

I took delivery in Springfield and brought my Model 3 there to have the charge port door replaced several weeks back. They’re definitely very busy, not sure how the other NJ service centers are fairing. Paramus is probably the busiest one in the state would be my guess. NJ needs at least 6 service centers with all of the Model 3’s that will be driving around in the near future. I hope Tesla is working on securing additional service center locations.

Since Tesla didn’t take a non refundable reservation, you can get your 1000 back, gtfo and buy any other car you wanted.

Anyone who needed either their 1000 back or a base Model 3 before dec 2018 had since last July to get out of line.
You mean there was no guaranteed date & hence there wouldn’t be a ‘delay’ as such if others who already have a car with faults are attended to more expeditiously at the reservers ‘expense’? Got it.

You mean there was no guaranteed date & hence there wouldn’t be a ‘delay’ as such if others who already have a car with faults are attended to more expeditiously at the reservers ‘expense’? Got it.

Get ready to get your world rocked.

People who put 60,000 dollars to Tesla get priority over those who put 1000 refundable dollars.

“Reservers expense?” What expense?

So you waited in line 2 years ago and you are still in that same line waiting with your life on hold?

Get ready to get your world rocked.

People who put 60,000 dollars to Tesla get priority over those who put 1000 refundable dollars.

“Reservers expense?” What expense?

So you waited in line 2 years ago and you are still in that same line waiting with your life on hold?
I’m referring to those who have a car with faults having priority over those who don’t have a car yet.
Keep up.

I’m referring to those who have a car with faults having priority over those who don’t have a car yet.
Keep up.

Keep up with what? That new car production has any bearing at all on servicing an existing fleet?

For example: To warrenty door handles the OEM makes extra door handles above and beyond needed for normalized production.

The door handle is then replaced by a technician who is likely no where near the assembly where other cars are being rolled out.

Should I slow down?

The condescension and downright bigotry are exactly why many of us "new members" didn't participate before. I believe the real trolls are those who refuse to see any point of view other than their own. Yes, I have been lurking here many years and knew that the second I or anyone else expressed any concern whatsoever, we would be labeled and lambasted. You fanboys are true to form. Good job! You are superior!! :rolleyes:

@JayNJ yeah which service center did you bring it to? There are actually three service centers in NJ now, not two. There’s one in Paramus, one in Springfield and a new one in Cherry Hill.

I took delivery in Springfield and brought my Model 3 there to have the charge port door replaced several weeks back. They’re definitely very busy, not sure how the other NJ service centers are fairing. Paramus is probably the busiest one in the state would be my guess. NJ needs at least 6 service centers with all of the Model 3’s that will be driving around in the near future. I hope Tesla is working on securing additional service center locations.

Yes it was the Springfield SC. I missed the Paramus one. I have driven past it but thought it was just a showroom. That one is much further from me anyway.

The condescension and downright bigotry are exactly why many of us "new members" didn't participate before. I believe the real trolls are those who refuse to see any point of view other than their own. Yes, I have been lurking here many years and knew that the second I or anyone else expressed any concern whatsoever, we would be labeled and lambasted. You fanboys are true to form. Good job! You are superior!! :rolleyes:

It would be more productive if you would stop vaguebooking and be specific on concerns.

Who
What
When
Where
Why

The more blanks filed out the higher quality response provide.

Situation is unfortunate with OP, but he did get a P85 loaner that he is putting miles on at a benefit of $1/mile.

That’s a very tangible benefit.

It would be more productive if you would stop vaguebooking and be specific on concerns.

Who
What
When
Where
Why

Situation is unfortunate with OP, but he did get a P85 loaner that he is putting miles on at a benefit of $1/mile.

Anyone know the contributory payment that is required, in case of a loaner accident?
Its typically quite high on hire cars, unless you pay extra for its reduction

Tesla doesn't make most of the parts for their cars and they planned on making WAY more cars than they're currently making so getting replacement parts should not be a problem but obviously it still is. Maybe they don't want to have to pay for the inventory. A major advantage of a dealer model is that the spare parts inventory is on the dealer's books instead of the manufacturer's.

Encouraging news ... Tesla implements series of new initiatives to improve its service as its fleet grows rapidly

Now Tesla has confirmed in a statement to Electrek that they opened a new parts distribution center in California, which has tripled the automaker’s fulfillment capacity for parts in North America, and they plan to open a similar facility in Europe. A Tesla spokesperson explained the automaker’s latest programs to improve service in a statement today:

“Our global customer satisfaction scores for service are above 90% and at a high of 97% for our mobile service program, which lets us service vehicles in customers’ driveways or at their offices. Even in North America where our customer-base has grown by 75% over the last year, customer satisfaction for service has remained consistently above 90%. Tesla has also topped Consumer Reports’ customer satisfaction survey two years in a row, with 90% of Tesla owners saying they would buy the same car again – more than any other brand. While we’re incredibly proud of the customer support and service we offer, we’re always working to improve. Here are some of the programs underway to make sure all Tesla customers have an even more exceptional experience:
  • Last quarter, we opened a new parts distribution center in California, which has tripled our fulfillment capacity for parts in North America and is helping to expedite the supply of parts to third party body shops. We’re in the process of opening a similar fulfillment center in Europe, which we expect to have the same impact.
  • For the first time, we’re trialing a small network of our own body repair shops in select markets to accommodate light repairs, with the opportunity to expand the program based on customer feedback and results.
  • Given the overwhelming success of our mobile service program, we are expanding the program from 25% coverage globally to 40% coverage globally by the end of the year.
  • While our call volumes have increased dramatically due to the overwhelming excitement around Model 3, this hasn’t impacted our ability to respond to emergency roadside events. We have plans in place to hire additional staff to support customers in the event that they are unable to find their answers on Tesla.com/Support or in their Tesla account.
  • We are aggressively hiring and expanding in markets where our customer satisfaction scores for service are below average. In Norway, for instance, we have already grown our service team by 30% compared to last year, and we’re in the process of opening a large new service center in Oslo this year. Recent feedback from customers in Norway indicates that the improvements have already made a difference.”

Anyone know the contributory payment that is required, in case of a loaner accident?
Its typically quite high on hire cars, unless you pay extra for its reduction

In the United States at least, there is no extra insurance cost. Your insurance transitions to the loaner.

Tesla however doesn’t require the car to be at a charging level when it is returned.

Who I am concerned that
What Tesla is delivering vehicles with significant defects
When on a continuing basis
Where across the country
Why
Again, new member? I think some of you are short seller trolls. If not, how do you not know Tesla does not equal Toyota?
If you want Toyota or Honda quality stick with those brands. Tesla is new. Cutting edge stuff. Sometimes things have not been tested to the degree they would be from another OEM. The people who buy and love Teslas are OK with this trade usually. And Tesla has a solid track record of doing their best to make things right with their customers. Our last Nissan, not so much. We had lots of issues with the Armada and Nissan didn't really do anything to fix them. Sure they would take the car in for service, but that's about it.

To the OP: There is a way to escalate service request to the Tesla executive team. I'm not sure where but a google search should find this. Dan Oneal when he was running that side of the TSLA business, used to frequent this very forum and was always responsive. Sadly he left last year.

Also, I have owned a BMW 3 series before that was always in the shop. Sold it before it was out of warranty because I couldn't afford to fix it.
Tesla cars are still the leading edge tech in the business. They are the reason every major OEM is converting to BEV in the near future. That is how good they are. If you can't live with a few service visits more than a Honda, just buy an Accord and move on.