Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pretty stoked about this powered frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was all stoked about the frunk when I first got my MY. I bought a cool frunk organizer, loaded it with three bags of takeout food to drop off with my grandma, parked and got the bags out then realized - I have to lay the bags of food on the street in order to close the frunk! D'oh! The automatic frunk opener is nice, but I wish there was a way to close it automatically or even just with one hand.

• Love
Reactions: silverstoned83
I was all stoked about the frunk when I first got my MY. I bought a cool frunk organizer, loaded it with three bags of takeout food to drop off with my grandma, parked and got the bags out then realized - I have to lay the bags of food on the street in order to close the frunk! D'oh! The automatic frunk opener is nice, but I wish there was a way to close it automatically or even just with one hand.
This can close it again from the app. Not exactly automatic, but neat.

I think with the model 3 auto frunk, you can press the emergency release button inside to close it. Or you can add a foot sensor like the model 3.

You can close it on the app or hit the button in the frunk for the model 3. There is no frunk foot sensor. Teslaoffer doesn't sell it because the car has to be unlocked to activate the frunk. If you are taking out your phone or key to unlock it just hit the frunk button on you phone or key instead.

You can close it on the app or hit the button in the frunk for the model 3. There is no frunk foot sensor. Teslaoffer doesn't sell it because the car has to be unlocked to activate the frunk. If you are taking out your phone or key to unlock it just hit the frunk button on you phone or key instead.

In this video at about 22:38, it shows the frunk opened by the foot sensor during low speed driving
edit: looks like Hansshow has foot sensor

In this video at about 22:38, it shows the frunk opened by the foot sensor during low speed driving
edit: looks like Hansshow has foot sensor

Yea I like the Teslaoffer kit because it seems like they considered safety a bit. If your foot sensor triggers the trunk it's not the end of the world but if that frunk starts opening while driving obviously it's not a good situation.

I'm not a fan of the back foot sensor either though but that's just me.

The big thing about teslaoffer I like is they seem crazy responsive. I sent them a message on WhatsApp and they will just talk on it like a text message. Lots a respect for a group of guys that does that when they could just do the every few day email thing from overseas. You can even talk to the warren guy in that video. They seem like a good group.

This is great! So I guess the way it works from stock is that you push to open it on the touchscreen or app, then what, is there a secondary latch you have to also open from outside? When you push to open, does it open all the way up automatically?

This is great! So I guess the way it works from stock is that you push to open it on the touchscreen or app, then what, is there a secondary latch you have to also open from outside? When you push to open, does it open all the way up automatically?

It’s full power open/close (like the rear hatch on a MY). Push button (app, screen, fob), frunk opens. Push button, frunk closes.

I want it so I don’t have to place my greasy mitts on my frunk every time I close it.

The big thing about teslaoffer I like is they seem crazy responsive. I sent them a message on WhatsApp and they will just talk on it like a text message. Lots a respect for a group of guys that does that when they could just do the every few day email thing from overseas. You can even talk to the warren guy in that video. They seem like a good group.

Yes, I emailed them with a question, and got a response within an hour.

It’s full power open/close (like the rear hatch on a MY). Push button (app, screen, fob), frunk opens. Push button, frunk closes.

I want it so I don’t have to place my greasy mitts on my frunk every time I close it.

Yea, the frunk everytime I close it I am afraid I will dent it. I don't know if the 3 is like the y but I feel it flex. I don't care much for the trunk even though I got it but the frunk I've already seen a hilariously dented one in a parking lot. I know Tesla made them light to save weight but my hood feels like paper.

Reactions: BadWolf