Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pretty stoked about this powered frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I reconnected the power connection after the car woke up, reinitialized as per STEP 8 and the emergency button worked. Opened the frunk to place back some items, go to hit the emergency button to close, nada.... Took the tub out to inspect all connections, everything is tight and nothing loose. Not sure what's going on at this point and will be reaching out to Raymond @ TO to see if he may help.

Any other suggestions are appreciated!

is your button sticking, by chance? My emergency release button ont he car was sticking. As if the button itself was maybe a fraction of a millimeter to big in diameter for its housing. Sprayed some wd40 around its perimeter and that solved the sticking issue (for now)

if your button freely moves and the connector behind it is FIRMLY clipped in, not sure of your issue

So I reconnected the power connection after the car woke up, reinitialized as per STEP 8 and the emergency button worked. Opened the frunk to place back some items, go to hit the emergency button to close, nada.... Took the tub out to inspect all connections, everything is tight and nothing loose. Not sure what's going on at this point and will be reaching out to Raymond @ TO to see if he may help.

Any other suggestions are appreciated!
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same issue.

I was an early adopter and did have a few issues however Raymond addressed everything rather quickly sending me updated parts and software as things were improved. The unit is now basically flawless. Contact Raymond via whatsApp and he will respond very quickly, sometimes I wonder if he actually sleeps.

For the record, I never did have any issues with the emergency button not working.

No. I haven't had time to contact Raymond and just been pulling down on the latch to close. The button works sometimes but very random. I'll try reaching out this week.
I have been chatting with Raymond to get this resolved. He had me bypass the TO latch actuator signal cable with the factory one to test just the button. In my case, the button only works consecutively for 3 times or so then nothing... the operation becomes hit/miss and sporadic again. So clearly, it's not the button or the TO system. It has to do with whatever the delay there is in the factory modules that does not seem to send the signal consistently to the latch actuator.

In order me to have Tesla take a look at this and get warranty coverage, I would need to remove ALL of the TO parts and return things to factory original before taking it in for service. If it weren't for the difficulty of removing/installing the driver side strut, I would do it in a heartbeat. But because it's a huge PITA, I am going to hope that future OTA firmware updates will fix the issue and live with the sporadic inconvenience.

• Informative
Reactions: sakul2agi
I have been chatting with Raymond to get this resolved. He had me bypass the TO latch actuator signal cable with the factory one to test just the button. In my case, the button only works consecutively for 3 times or so then nothing... the operation becomes hit/miss and sporadic again. So clearly, it's not the button or the TO system. It has to do with whatever the delay there is in the factory modules that does not seem to send the signal consistently to the latch actuator.

In order me to have Tesla take a look at this and get warranty coverage, I would need to remove ALL of the TO parts and return things to factory original before taking it in for service. If it weren't for the difficulty of removing/installing the driver side strut, I would do it in a heartbeat. But because it's a huge PITA, I am going to hope that future OTA firmware updates will fix the issue and live with the sporadic inconvenience.

Thank you for the update! Sounds like I'm in the same boat. I don't mind having to remove the TO system but I'm not confident Tesla Service >.< I too will hope future OTA updates will fix the issue. Not a deal breaker, just slight inconvenience.