Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pretty stoked about this powered frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hannshow is having a 25% off sale from today until Nov 30th. However TO hasn't announced anything yet, but their website has an ad for a black friday sale of "up to 50%" off starting nov 27th-nov30th.

Hans has the 25% off and the set is now like $425 or something with the BF sale...decisions decisions

To get the Hansshow 25% off, you need a code, russtesla25.
If you're buying Model S 3 & X stuff, get 30% off with russtesla.

As cliffwang89 mentioned, discounts are good until Nov 30.

My concern is about the safety features that may not be obvious from the looks. Right?
I think that's a valid concern. But I feel like Hansshow has been doing this and building these kits for a while now with the other Model cars. I had good experience with the trunk kick sensor. Their wiring and connectors were OEM quality. I guess TO's Mark 4 tells you if the hood is not latched but I'd be standing there watching it close anyways...I used the "savings" to buy Hans' key ring.

The control unit on the Hansshow model appears to be a simple metal box with no attempt at waterproofing. It is placed in an area that water intrusion isn't a concern?
That's a concern of mine also and why I haven’t ordered the Hansshow. I believe there is a waterproof bag the unit sits in? Would prefer the waterproof in TO’s kit and may just pay the extra for it.

Haven't received email from TO yet, but did get an email from DHL today saying I have a shipment on the way from Hong Kong. I haven't ordered anything else that would ship from Hong Kong so I think it is likely the MY Power Frunks I odered from TO.

Edit to add: Just chatted with TO and they confirmed that it is my order. They indicated they shipped a batch of the MY Power Frunks today.

Last edited: