Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pretty typical weekend....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living where I do, a weekend of fun involves a lot of driving. This Saturday, went to an outlet mall in Mississippi, while there gained 6.5 kWh at a free L2 charger, then drove through the town we live in to go in the opposite direction to do some shopping at our preferred Home Depot... all in all, drove a hair over 200 miles starting at 90% and had 50+ miles of range left at the end of the day. We have done this same routine in the Bolt several times over the last few years, but it requires leaving home at 100% and either getting home at near zero power, or a quick 15 min charge at the Electrify America station in Memphis to avoid freaking the wife out with the low SOC upon getting home.

So far, liking the auto pilot other than the near constant nagging unless I grasp the bottom right side of the wheel with my left hand to provide minimal torque at all times. With the current software I am running you can NOT switch off the auto high beams while using autopilot... they seem to be better than the Bolt Auto high beams sometimes... and sometimes much worse than the Bolt auto high beams. Very sporadic behavior.

In my daily driving I have noticed that on two lane state highways with few speed limit signs, sometimes you encounter a 45 mph sign for a curvy section, and they don't have another sign for 10 miles even though every human driver knows that "no sign = 60 mph" in Arkansas the Autopilot only knows what the last sign it saw read... and that was 45! So, you either manually control speed with your foot while AP does the steering, or you set TACC to 60 and do the steering yourself... In that situation I use the TACC and do my own steering. In fact, I have changed my route driving too and from work to avoid the roads with poorly marked speed limits. The new route only has one speed limit SNAFU (and that only in the "towards work" direction), and it only reduces speed for about a mile... I can use my foot for that long :D

Later,

Keith

So far, liking the auto pilot other than the near constant nagging unless I grasp the bottom right side of the wheel with my left hand to provide minimal torque at all times.
An easier way to keep Autopilot engaged is to just scroll one of the control buttons (volume or speed adjust) up or down on the steering wheel. Much easier than keeping pressure on the steering wheel or giving it a slight pull.

An easier way to keep Autopilot engaged is to just scroll one of the control buttons (volume or speed adjust) up or down on the steering wheel. Much easier than keeping pressure on the steering wheel or giving it a slight pull.

The problem is, I am actually paying attention to the world outside of my windshield and don't notice the car wanting input until it is franticly flashing blue at me... I don't want to go to AP jail from not noticing this :)

Keith