Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preventing “stretch marks” / seat cracks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!
Anyone have stories of what they did to take care of their seats to prevent the vegan leather cracks?

Less than 2 weeks until I get my White on White MY. I bought Gyeon ceramic coating for the interior and will be tinting my windows. Planning on cleaning them every week or 2. Lives in FL but will sit in the garage at home & mostly outside for work.

My first Tesla so just trying to cover all my basis here.

Thanks for your time in advance!

Ah ok, well I don't have my MY yet and I don't have any prior experience with the material Tesla uses. I know leather shows creases over time, but that's expected. I had a faux leather chair upholstered by a shop that used an auto-grade vinyl and it looks perfect after a couple of years, so I was assuming modern car-grade vinyls hold up well, but maybe Tesla's "vegan" stuff isn't as wear-proof as I thought.

how do ceramic coats on the faux leather feel? The last thing I would want is a slippery feeling seat surface. I'm not convinced the price for ceramic is worth it for an interior treatment.

Mine has no coating, and I actually find it a little too grippy. When I sit, it often seems like it initially bunches up in random places, so I have to readjust often. I was actually wondering what I could do to make it more slippery. Thanks for the idea.

Ceramic Pro full interior when taken delivery but still got stretch marks on white driver seat after few months and Tesla Service center said warranty voided if coated so .... it is very disappointing to say the least ...

I got very minor stretch marks on my black driver's side seat (left hip bolster) after about a month. The rest of the seat looks brand new still. I know in this car and past ones I've owned, it stems from the back of my left hamstring rubbing against that bolster getting in and out. I have fairly athletic legs but don't know if that necessarily is the only cause. I try to avoid my legs "squishing" the bolster too much but it's just an inevitable part of everyday entry/exit.

I have yet a need to clean my seats but I do know I do not plan to coat them and just use the Sensitive kind of baby wipes on them.

I got stretch marks on the white drivers side seat after two weeks of using the car.
Thanks for this. Because I have a Model Y with black seats and see no stretch marks at all. I'm planning to buy a second Tesla maybe with white seats. However with stretch marks, blue Jean dye transfers and more maintenence required. I decided white is a no go for me.