Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preventing “stretch marks” / seat cracks

ejkcy25

Aug 13, 2020
Orlando
Hello!
Anyone have stories of what they did to take care of their seats to prevent the vegan leather cracks?

Less than 2 weeks until I get my White on White MY. I bought Gyeon ceramic coating for the interior and will be tinting my windows. Planning on cleaning them every week or 2. Lives in FL but will sit in the garage at home & mostly outside for work.

My first Tesla so just trying to cover all my basis here.

Thanks for your time in advance!

OZKM3

Nov 22, 2018
Northwest Arkansas
Mine have cracked slightly after 2 years. Doesn’t really look like a normal leather crack. Just a slight discoloration. I never wear jeans in it and clean it regularly. Weigh 170lbs. Just showing signs of wear like a normal car would.

• Informative
Reactions: ejkcy25

raggedy

Apr 3, 2020
Peninsula CA
Ah ok, well I don't have my MY yet and I don't have any prior experience with the material Tesla uses. I know leather shows creases over time, but that's expected. I had a faux leather chair upholstered by a shop that used an auto-grade vinyl and it looks perfect after a couple of years, so I was assuming modern car-grade vinyls hold up well, but maybe Tesla's "vegan" stuff isn't as wear-proof as I thought.

how do ceramic coats on the faux leather feel? The last thing I would want is a slippery feeling seat surface. I'm not convinced the price for ceramic is worth it for an interior treatment.

snord

Jul 20, 2020
Louisiana
Mine has no coating, and I actually find it a little too grippy. When I sit, it often seems like it initially bunches up in random places, so I have to readjust often. I was actually wondering what I could do to make it more slippery. Thanks for the idea.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC