Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preventing dust build up on interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I didn't see any other posts, but does anyone have any products that are good for preventing dust build up on the interior, seats, panels, etc. I have a rag in the car which I use to routinely dust, but was wondering if there are any products that help prevent dust!

Thanks ahead of time!

Mia.

Hello!

I didn't see any other posts, but does anyone have any products that are good for preventing dust build up on the interior, seats, panels, etc. I have a rag in the car which I use to routinely dust, but was wondering if there are any products that help prevent dust!

Thanks ahead of time!

Mia.

If you’re in a particularly dusty area, drive with the windows closed and the HVAC on fresh air (not recirculate) so that the cabin is pressurized with filtered air. This will minimize dust infiltration.

For cleaning, I just use a microfiber cloth dampened with a mix of water and Optimum No Rinse, which makes a great interior cleaner. I’m not aware of any products that will prevent dust accumulation.

Reactions: miss demeanor
If you’re in a particularly dusty area, drive with the windows closed and the HVAC on fresh air (not recirculate) so that the cabin is pressurized with filtered air. This will minimize dust infiltration.

For cleaning, I just use a microfiber cloth dampened with a mix of water and Optimum No Rinse, which makes a great interior cleaner. I’m not aware of any products that will prevent dust accumulation.
Thank you for the feedback!

I have not personally tried this product, but they do make mini HEPA air purifier machines. They are small and round enough to fit in a cup holder. Here is an example of such a product I found on Amazon:

I have noticed dust myself despite frequently wiping down the interior of the car. I thought about buying one of these and seeing if it makes a difference.

I would imagine that vacuuming the interior on a weekly basis would also help reduce dust accumulation.

Hope that helps.
Joe

Reactions: miss demeanor
I have not personally tried this product, but they do make mini HEPA air purifier machines. They are small and round enough to fit in a cup holder. Here is an example of such a product I found on Amazon:

I have noticed dust myself despite frequently wiping down the interior of the car. I thought about buying one of these and seeing if it makes a difference.

I would imagine that vacuuming the interior on a weekly basis would also help reduce dust accumulation.

Hope that helps.
Joe
Thanks, I'll be the guinea pig and try it out and report back! :)

Reactions: joebruin77