Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Preventing Vampire Drain!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My math says you are using about 15 cents per kWh. On Long Island, I am paying about 18 cents. In Queens (a NYC suburb), it is between 25 and 30 cents. I would imagine the places were Teslas are prevalent are on the way high side of the electric cost scale. In short, your dollar number is low.
There are quite a few Teslas in Texas (fourth highest in North America) and electricity is less than ten cents.

The vampire drain is something that I have been curious since I have been following Tesla for the last two years. Since I am concerned with efficiency, this is a huge problem for me. What is the root of this? Is it because of the larger battery?

For comparisons, I have had a Volt for 2 years...I know...no comparison between an S. But, I can leave it unplugged for three weeks and come back with no noticeable drain.

Living in a cold climate, I am scared when I hear stories that plugged into a 110 in the winter, the car can actually loose charge some days. I really hope this is something they address and that the M3 will be a better performer in this area.