Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Previous owner search

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

Some time ago I bought a salvage Tesla S 100D, 2019 grey, with aTm letters next to registration (prob stands for A&M university). Due to insurance company policy no previous owner information can be obtained from them.

Basically I am looking for previous owner to transfer ownership (which would let me avoid visiting Tesla service centre which is 200 km away) and maybe help with the keys as the car is missing them (I have missed it, probably been used with the app). Even if the key is lost forever it's still better to order new one in US as it's different frequency and I would cover all costs in advance. This would help me a lot and avoid visiting Tesla too soon.

Here are photos that could help recognizing. I value everybody privacy so don't want to bother someone too much.

a5eb7bad-4451-4d20-a95c-5be4c5e067a2.jpg
abce111c-38fa-4ea9-b599-7b93e47bfe15.jpg

I have some knowledge on how to fix Tesla S, change the charging from US to EU and so on. I will be posting more trying to help some members.

My Tesla future is in your hands.

If the thread have been posted in wrong place please move it and sorry in advance.

Thanks

Seems unlikely you’ll find the previous owner, but Tesla might be able to help you with the ownership change without having to go there. Getting new fobs without going there might be harder, since I think they have to be programmed at the service center.

Seems unlikely you’ll find the previous owner, but Tesla might be able to help you with the ownership change without having to go there. Getting new fobs without going there might be harder, since I think they have to be programmed at the service center.

Well, it's always worth trying.

I heard on the helpline that transferring the ownership of the car that is imported and not drive able is harder than normal. They say they might want to see it - which I would like to avoid for obvious reasons.

Getting the keys could be and should be really simple after they transfer ownership (at least they say so).

I am just amazed how many words might, possibly & probably Tesla service helpline uses. That's why I prefer to take those matters into my own hands.

If I won't find the owner I want to deal with those matters myself using toolbox 3. Anyone knows if those 3 are possible?

1. Getting key programmed (anyone know is it possible?)
2. Deleting crash data
3. Reprogramming onboard charger (after exchanging it) - whole set

Thanks in advance

1. Getting key programmed (anyone know is it possible?)
2. Deleting crash data
3. Reprogramming onboard charger (after exchanging it) - whole set
1. Not sure with MCU2 since rooting it is complicated. I know with MCU1 cars its possible. DM LayZ, he might know.
2. Don't know but many removed SRS module n cleared it on bench.
3. Yes. Can re-deploy software thru Service mode, no TB needed.

Other option is to buy a BCM with key from other car n re-deploy software.
I heard it done on pre-2015 S, not sure if it works on Raven...

As TLLMRRJ said, definitely a Texas A&M badge, and probably someone in Houston or Dallas. It might be worth posting these pictures / asking in the regional forum for Texas. P100Ds aren't too common around here, so there's a >0% chance that you might get a lead. Hell, if you look back through some of the Tesla meetup photos in that sub-forum, you might even see the car.

As a third option, if you can prove you're the rightful owner of the vehicle, the Service Centers in Houston or Dallas (wherever this vehicle was serviced) might be willing to send you the service records, which may have that information. Good luck!

1. Not sure with MCU2 since rooting it is complicated. I know with MCU1 cars its possible. DM LayZ, he might know.
2. Don't know but many removed SRS module n cleared it on bench.
3. Yes. Can re-deploy software thru Service mode, no TB needed.

Other option is to buy a BCM with key from other car n re-deploy software.
I heard it done on pre-2015 S, not sure if it works on Raven...
Hey,

1. Thanks for advice.
2. That's interesting, but someone else confirmed that it can be done with toolbox, that would avoid me taking the modules out - I could even buy 1 day subscription which is really little. I will need it anyway to start the battery, air suspension etc.
3. That's big news! I was pretty sure it will take some "having fun" with TB3, but that's really great news. I already bought the onboard charger (3 phase) & cables with EU inlet (I might need to change flap as well).

I could actually do it that way but it would be way more expensive with BCM (then again it would be EU BCM which works on different frequency) - something to consider actually.

As TLLMRRJ said, definitely a Texas A&M badge, and probably someone in Houston or Dallas. It might be worth posting these pictures / asking in the regional forum for Texas. P100Ds aren't too common around here, so there's a >0% chance that you might get a lead. Hell, if you look back through some of the Tesla meetup photos in that sub-forum, you might even see the car.

As a third option, if you can prove you're the rightful owner of the vehicle, the Service Centers in Houston or Dallas (wherever this vehicle was serviced) might be willing to send you the service records, which may have that information. Good luck!
Hey,

I already added myself to some local FB groups. Some declined me joining as it's only for people living locally. Actually it's 100D not P100D (i wish it would be). I will be going thru those photos, actually I already viewed a lot of them.

I will be able to prove my ownership in late May when I'll have all the documents & car physically but want to act in advance to avoid another few weeks/months times procedures.

The car title was issued and updated: Allen, TX, Motor vech dep.
it was serviced first 3 times in: John Eagle Honda of Dallas
then serviced in: Driver's Edge, Allen

So I assume owner lives in Allen, TX. That's only 100 000 people living there soooo it can't be that hard.

I tried to reach them on facebook but no luck, I will try to make some phone calls next week. I assume they have privacy policies that would unable them to give such details but I'll try anyway.