TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Previous surveys relating to tesla purchases.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by GuyHall, Dec 28, 2015.

1. GuyHall

GuyHall Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Granite Bay, CA
    I was at an owner's gathering at a Tesla shop and mentioned that the model S for our family was a huge step up in cost of buying a car. Our previous most expensive car was about $35,000. Most of our cars were purchased used, although to be honest they were company cars with only one year of usage on them.

My surprise was that nearly everyone in the group I was talking with was in a very similar situation. Nearly everyone's purchase of a Tesla was twice what they had as a high water mark for prior car purchases.

I found it quite interesting as it implies Tesla is not just selling to people who buy $60,000 to $130,000 cars.

Has anyone done a survey to see the relationship of the Tesla purchase compared to prior purchases?
  2. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

Dec 5, 2014
    After spending $55,000 on a 2009 Tahoe LTZ (new) I swore I'd never spend that kind of $ on a car again... I loathe GM with levels of hatred I can't begin to describe.

Spent $75,000 on a CPO S, and can't wait to spend (a hair) more on a CPO X.