Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Adjustment for Pending Projects?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that Tesla has reduced their solar prices, has anyone successfully received a reduced price adjustment on an existing solar project (after a contract has been signed) that is waiting for permits/installation? Seems like a longshot, but if someone has done it, it would be nice to know how.

On the Tesla Motors Energy products forum someone just posted that Tesla have recently reduced their prices (not sure if that's for the Powerwall 2 or solar) and that they are now installing without a separate gateway, it now being integrated into the 'load centre', whatever that is. Anyone know anything about that?

In the UK, Tesla website price is £6200 plus tax for a Powerwall 2 and £1700 plus tax for the Gateway 2 (backup gateway). That hasn't changed for 2-3 months, since the introduction of the more expensive Gateway 2.

My system was officially turned on yesterday (hurray!). After reading that at least one person had obtained a discount, I called Tesla Customer Service and was politely told "no". There was a cut-off date, if your panels were physically placed on the roof before the date of the price reduction announcement, (like mine). no price adjustment. I got what I paid for, so it is hard to complain, and it feels great to be generating so much electricity rather than buying it from the utility.