Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price back up to Original of 52,990 as i expected...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It goes up every other week. I’m sure they won’t stop for a while. People are willing to pay and the tax credit may come back. Also there is a thread on price increases I believe
Nope. It went up every other week for a couple rounds in April and mid May, but it’s been inconsistent now (3 weeks plus a day for the last round)

I've saved so much compared to ordering now, I basically get my acceleration boost for free! At least that is how I pitched it to my wife as she said earlier she wanted to hold off ordering/buying until later in the year. So now I have a get out of jail free card for when I buy the acceleration boost. ;)

Hate to say it but thank you Tesla. You got me wife approved AB and you increased the value of my car all in one shot!

I've saved so much compared to ordering now, I basically get my acceleration boost for free! At least that is how I pitched it to my wife as she said earlier she wanted to hold off ordering/buying until later in the year. So now I have a get out of jail free card for when I buy the acceleration boost. ;)

Hate to say it but thank you Tesla. You got me wife approved AB and you increased the value of my car all in one shot!
I am ready for same pitch! Though MY is way faster the way it is comparing to what I drove before. haha

Reactions: DayTrippin
I guess the price increase back to this amount feels better for those of us who were early adopters and paid this price. Yeah, it would have been nice to save the thousands the MY was marked down at one point, and would love to have a heated steering wheel (not sure I care about any of the other items that have arrived), but exactly one year later, and 10K miles, I wouldn't take back my choice. And given the insane car market right now, I feel as if I didn't lose any resale value anyway.

Reactions: zpaul
I'm not surprised to see Tesla raise the Model Y LR price back to it's original price that it was back in early 2020. I'm just glad I ordered when I did, when the MYLR was at its lowest on Feb 21 of this year.

I actually won't be surprised if Tesla raises the LR price another $500 in July, but I would be a little surprised if they continue to raise their price every few weeks (or every month) and it becomes $1000-$1500 more than it is now by EOQ in September.

Reactions: whisperingshad
With the used car market the way it is now where some used (ICE) cars are worth more than when they were new (which is totally asinine), people would be flocking to EVs more. Which in turn, will continue to drive demand for EVs in general. With all of Q2 production already spoken for the Y, Elon would be crazy not to increase the price.

I checked the value of my Y on Carvana the other day and even with 10k miles on the clock, I would get 95% of my original outlay back if I sold it now. Not selling of course because I friggin' LOVE this SEXY beast!! LOL!

Last edited: