Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price change without a configuration change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 10/14/2019 I pre-ordered a Model Y, submitted my $2500 pre-order fee, and was quoted a price of $58,750. Up until today my online account - Manage section had a “Next steps” sheet showing “Order” and “Prepare for Delivery” checked, and “Payment” and “Delivery” unchecked. Today that changed, “Prepare for Delivery” was now unchecked but it asked me for Delivery Location, Registration, Trade-in, and Payment information. I submitted all of these and it gave me a new pricing statement. My price went up $1,200 to $59,950. I made no configuration changes since the original 11/14/2019 order.

Anyone else see anything like this?

Anyone have a guess why this happened?

Is there a way to ask Tesla directly about this?

That's normal. It includes a $1125 delivery fee and a $75 document fee.

QUOTE="vjcinajr, post: 4586378, member: 119676"]On 10/14/2019 I pre-ordered a Model Y, submitted my $2500 pre-order fee, and was quoted a price of $58,750. Up until today my online account - Manage section had a “Next steps” sheet showing “Order” and “Prepare for Delivery” checked, and “Payment” and “Delivery” unchecked. Today that changed, “Prepare for Delivery” was now unchecked but it asked me for Delivery Location, Registration, Trade-in, and Payment information. I submitted all of these and it gave me a new pricing statement. My price went up $1,200 to $59,950. I made no configuration changes since the original 11/14/2019 order.

Is there a way to ask Tesla directly about this?[/QUOTE]

Destination Fee $1,125.00
Documentation Fee $75.00
?
Yes - that was the difference. My mistake. In my mind I equated two labels "Purchase Price" and "Car Price" to mean the same thing. My error. "Purchase Price" does not include the $1,125 Destination Fee and $75 "Documentation Fee" but Car price does include both these fees.

I also realized that when Tesla changed my order from 18" Aero Wheels to 19"Gemini Wheels they did not increase the price.

On 10/14/2019 I pre-ordered a Model Y, submitted my $2500 pre-order fee, and was quoted a price of $58,750. Up until today my online account - Manage section had a “Next steps” sheet showing “Order” and “Prepare for Delivery” checked, and “Payment” and “Delivery” unchecked. Today that changed, “Prepare for Delivery” was now unchecked but it asked me for Delivery Location, Registration, Trade-in, and Payment information. I submitted all of these and it gave me a new pricing statement. My price went up $1,200 to $59,950. I made no configuration changes since the original 11/14/2019 order.

Is there a way to ask Tesla directly about this?

My mistake, there was no price change! In my mind I equated two labels "Purchase Price" and "Car Price" to mean the same thing. My error. "Purchase Price" does not include the $1,125 Destination Fee and $75 "Documentation Fee" but Car price does include both these fees.

I also realized that when Tesla changed my order from 18" Aero Wheels to 19"Gemini Wheels they did not increase the price.

A couple of weeks ago, Tesla contacted via email about an outstanding balance on my purchase. I checked the 2 versions of the purchase agreements that I initially received vs the one I ultimately signed and saw that the AWD LR option went up from $11,000 to $11,900, and adding tax (my rate was 9.5%) accounted for the exact amount to the cent minus $20, which I can't track down any further. I replied to the mail with this info and haven't received a response yet (it's been a week). I'll let everyone know if/when they lock out/ immobilize my car.