Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Check 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at this used with nearly 25k miles on it. I was hoping to get a price check, or what you all would think would be a good/fair price from a dealership. I think I'm getting a good offer on it, but still not 100% sure. Throw 'em out there.

Attachments

• 100D.jpg
    100D.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 115
keep in mind if you are buying from a 3rd party dealer you will not be able to extend a warranty past the original 4 yr 50K...which might be a consideration being that half the mileage is already gone... On the other hand if that does not concern you then I would use it as a bargaining chip if you can...

i think 85K to 90K is the max I would go... it might be worth a little more but I think a 90D CPO might be about the same cost with a longer warranty and negligible performance and range differences.

The other option is try to wait out the End of the Quarter and see if there are some significant discounts on new inventory cars..,.sometimes you can get one of those in the high 90s and low 100s and you are at or near the same place with the tax credit, no miles, full warranty with the option to extend it if you like... AND FREE SUPERCHARGING... if you use my referral code of course ROFL...

Unless this car is optioned exactly as you want it, it is a really really good price OR you need a car ASAP... i think you need to understand what you can get for just a few K more that gives you way more options...Including whether you "need" the range of the 100D vs. even a new 75D....You could likely get into a new 75D in the mid to high 70s depending on options and after tax credits

Even though the car is 14 months old there are things that a new car gives you... from AP 2.5 and a new MCU to different interior options, tax credit...and/or ordering the car the way you want it...

I guess it boils down to what your true budget is and what you really need/want... IMHO that is the only way someone can tell you it is a good deal... it might be a good deal on paper but not the best option for your needs. (hope that makes sense). A good example is that you could likely get a low mileage 2015 P85D for about the same price as a brand new 75D. the better deal boils down to what is important to you and how you plan on using the car...

Probably more of an answer than you were looking for LOL

Good Luck... Lots of people here are willing to help and there is NO SHORTAGE of opinions....

You all gave me a lot to think about that's for sure. The fact that Supercharging isn't free is a little bit of a disappointment, but probably not enough to stop most. @Markk993 You've got me thinking whether a new 75D would make more sense for me, or even hold out for a couple of months and go with a new 100D.

I was offered a 100D showroom model with 7k miles today, but the price (pre tax credit) was still $99k. That is way too steep in my opinion for a car that has probably been driven like it was stolen. With that said, I will post the link for the car referenced in my original post because it is a really good deal for someone out there, and I am going to hold off for now.

I negotiated down via email to $79,990. I didn't really try all that hard, so you may be able to get it a little lower as well. The car is located in NY though.
Used 2017 Tesla Model S For Sale | Hawthorne NY

I am looking at this used with nearly 25k miles on it. I was hoping to get a price check, or what you all would think would be a good/fair price from a dealership. I think I'm getting a good offer on it, but still not 100% sure. Throw 'em out there.

If you configure that car brand new, it is about $110K. So you subtract $25K for miles, $7,500 for the rebate, and $14,000 for the 14 months and it comes to $63K. I realize that is on the low side but a figure to keep in mind nevertheless because this car has a ton of miles for barely a year of use. I would not pay more than $70-80K for this car. Around $75K would be an ideal point to negotiate towards.

If you configure that car brand new, it is about $110K. So you subtract $25K for miles, $7,500 for the rebate, and $14,000 for the 14 months and it comes to $63K. I realize that is on the low side but a figure to keep in mind nevertheless because this car has a ton of miles for barely a year of use. I would not pay more than $70-80K for this car. Around $75K would be an ideal point to negotiate towards.

Agree with this assessment especially considering my inventory 100D with discounts and federal incentives at only 400 miles built September 17 bought March 18 was around $90k. If it’s used with mileage $75k seems fair.

• Informative
Reactions: Electricious
Agree with this assessment especially considering my inventory 100D with discounts and federal incentives at only 400 miles built September 17 bought March 18 was around $90k. If it’s used with mileage $75k seems fair.
Supply and demand has changed this pricing dramatically. The 100D loaner I was offered today has 7k+ miles and was $99k before tax credit. Much different than the deals when these first rolled out.

To me the deal breaker is that you cannot buy any extended warranty beyond the 50K and it is half way there... A agree with other's assessment and 79k is a good deal but not a great deal with the mileage which is about the same as my 2014.

A 75D can charge to 255+ at 100% which is about the same as the P85s (within a few miles) and although others may debate me on this... unless you are taking multiple long trips a month (which the 75D could also do easily) it is not worth the almost 20K more for the extra range... you could go across the country and back in a S60... so if you take only a few long range "trips" per year it is just not worth it especially when you can charge up nightly at home. It is the same car, same options, same performance... so just rip the numbers off of the back and keep people guessing what you got...Sounds like you might do some distance driving since you mentioned supercharging is important to you but a 75D could take you anywhere you want to go...the 100D might save 15-20 minutes here and there per trip but is that small amount of extra time worth 20K... Some say yes but I do not agree.

Your only option for free supercharging is to buy a CPO or used car built before 1/17 OR buy new and use a referral code....

Wouldn't it be nice to get a referral on my birthday today? LOL

Like I said understanding how you plan to use the car and what you really need should guide your decision. I agree you should pass on this one.

thanks for listening (again)

• Informative
Reactions: Electricious
100D might save 15-20 minutes here and there per trip but is that small amount of extra time worth 20K... Some say yes but I do not agree.

You're missing the scenario where you go to stay somewhere without charging for a few days. The extra range has meant the difference between losing a few hours of vacation time making a specific trip to go charge the car, or not. In addition the range of the car in the cold drops so dramatically, that trips in the winter (to say, go skiing) can be impossible in the lower range cars. One of the ski resorts that I frequent is far enough from a supercharger that with a 75D you wouldn't be able to make it there and back.

5 ski trips a year... over 4 years means you are spending an extra $1000 on every trip for the extra range...

Yes cold weather takes a big bite out of range as does excessive heat.... However, more and more places including hotels are adding chargers and the network is constantly growing and filling in.... Any Ski resort that would not offer some kind of charging is short sighted and will likely have to jump on the wagon at some point. Even 2-3 years ago people were traveling across the entire US in an S60 so the range of the 75D is more than adequate. Sure you can point out those incredibly rare situations and exceptions to justify the need... that is why i said if your long range trips are infrequent the "value" of the extra range diminishes. I would say that most people (unless retired) are taking far fewer long range trips than one might think...

I did not say that the 100D is not the right choice for some people, I am just saying that for myself who use their cars for long trips fairly infrequently and those that can get past range anxiety that the additional 20K price tag is not worth the cost especially with the ever expanding charging network.

I know I will get crap for this next statement but I would not pay more for a pick up truck that had a 25 gallon tank than the same exact truck with a 20 gallon tank.

My original suggestion is that you (the buyer) fully understand how you are planning on using the car and the network situation where you live and make the best decision. Some people also prefer to take their ICE vehicles in longer trips just for the simple fact of not wanting to rack up mileage on their beloved Tesla...

Bigger is not always better and without question the 75D is a better "value" for the vast majority of us.