Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Check - Used Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am helping a buddy who qualifies for used car EV rebates, which helps bring down the purchase price.

Option 1 -
2020 MYP, 31k miles, new tires, near new condition, older console and earlier VIN so no dual pane glass
Mods: front full PPF and ceramic coating
Red ext and black int
$56K

Option 2 -
2021 MYP, 4k miles, near new condition, has all 2021 updates including bio hazard mode
Mods: ceramic tint
Blue ext and black int
$63k

Is the 7k difference worth the 2021 updates and lower mileage?

There may be other upgrades on the 2021 including new tail lights, projector beam headlights, slightly larger battery (82kWh versus 78kWh). Heated steering wheel, new wiper arm washer jet design. Front USB-C ports, USB-A data port in glovebox.

The BWD would be a good feature to have if you live where there is an annual brush/wild fire season.

I am helping a buddy who qualifies for used car EV rebates, which helps bring down the purchase price.

Option 1 -
2020 MYP, 31k miles, new tires, near new condition, older console and earlier VIN so no dual pane glass
Red ext and black int
$56K

Option 2 -
2021 MYP, 4k miles, near new condition, has all 2021 updates including bio hazard mode
Blue ext and black int
$63k

Which color does he like better?

Personally, I’d say yes. Biohazard mode, the dual pane glass, and lower mileage is nice.

But mileage itself seems less important on Teslas, and they are close enough I would buy the one which is the color I want. Red is also a more expensive color from the factory FWIW.

(Also, largely agree with post above mine, waiting for new probably gets better financing terms and that new shiny)

Option 1 -
Red ext and black int
$56K

Option 2 -
Blue ext and black int
$63k

No, but the blue is.... #teamblue :cool:

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre
Yes, true, but it's capped at 60k now. Just checked:

1646857912192.png