Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price drop! Standard range gone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That article is from early 2019 and I believe they did do this software limited pack for a month or so (270 epa range)

The recent 255 mile range with new front motor is a 75 kWh pack again. At least all the pictures members have shared with the pack part numbers show 75 kWh pack. Spec sheet also had a lower weight

Tesla limits 10% of a pack sometimes but 25% software limit seems crazy even for Tesla

Ah, good to know! Thanks for the clarification. Did a search and couldn't find easily.

I just took delivery of White Pearl MX LR Raven at the end of June. The same configuration is now $9,210 less. There is now $1,875 less in tax rebate available so that's an immediate value loss of $7,335. Color me disappointed in Tesla.

Interesting. I just priced my car, and it would be $3k more. Plus the rebate is about $2k less. So I would be paying almost $5k more if I bought the car today. And I took delivery in June.

My late 2018, pearl white, MX 100D costs about $15k less now than what I bought it for. Yes it sucks for resale value, but I was happy to pay the price when I bought it originally so I can't really be upset. It's not like Tesla swindled us.
I am surprised that you can just brush it off like that. Tesla can do better to manage the product and pricing road map. I love my new Model X and will continue to do so... I don't appreciate this level of a price drop right after my purchase so I am cooler on Tesla as a company. To be fair, it's not like any of the other car manufacturers out there are better.

• Funny
Reactions: spurs10 and P85_DA
With Tesla u can’t time pricing and harder to time technology changes... over the last year have seen multiple threads on pricing shifts whether on the M3P or even S/X earlier this year ..same goes for short range ..Tesla took away and brought back ..as another poster wrote enjoy the car and don’t look back :)

I'm still confused. Cant decide on new or pre owed MX. Needs to be the 100 battery as far as I can tell for our use. Do not need FSD and undecided on 6 or 7 seat.

With all these price shifts not sure if private market will be willing to take the hits ..new car or inventory (with discount) plus latest tech is probably way to go IMO;)

I am surprised that you can just brush it off like that. Tesla can do better to manage the product and pricing road map. I love my new Model X and will continue to do so... I don't appreciate this level of a price drop right after my purchase so I am cooler on Tesla as a company. To be fair, it's not like any of the other car manufacturers out there are better.

Well I got the $7500 tax credit, so that reduces the $15k difference to about $9k. It still sucks, but what am I going to do about it? The alternative is getting angry which will just end up with me hating my vehicle. I was happy with my car before the price drops, and I'm still happy with it now. Why should I let other people getting a good deal piss me off?

Last edited:
Well I got the $7500 tax credit, so that reduces the $15k difference to about $9k. It still sucks, but what am I going to do about it? The alternative is getting angry which will just end up with me hating my vehicle. I was happy with my car before the price drops, and I'm still happy with it now. Why should I let other people getting a good deal piss me off?

Had similar issues. Got X without the $5000 extra premium package One month after delivery premium package made standard and price increased $2000. Still happy with deal and car.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
That article is from early 2019 and I believe they did do this software limited pack for a month or so (270 epa range)

The recent 255 mile range with new front motor is a 75 kWh pack again. At least all the pictures members have shared with the pack part numbers show 75 kWh pack. Spec sheet also had a lower weight

Tesla limits 10% of a pack sometimes but 25% software limit seems crazy even for Tesla

I think its a physical battery, You can always check. You can see the battery label behind one of the front tires.

This is a pretty decent drop. i bought 2018 new inventory for just a few hundred less 3 weeks ago.

Took my Model X delivery on June 29. The current price is $6010 less than what I paid three weeks ago! Love the car. Not happy with the price fluctuation.
Same delivery date for me. What model did you get. I got the performance with out the Ludicrous figured I’d buy it later after saving. Hoping that they lower the add on price now since it’s basically included.

Same delivery date for me. What model did you get. I got the performance with out the Ludicrous figured I’d buy it later after saving. Hoping that they lower the add on price now since it’s basically included.

Here is what I ordered:
  • Long range
  • Silver Metallic
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • Cream interior
  • 7 Seats
  • FSD
I paid $103,000 three weeks ago. The current price is $96,990

Here is what I ordered:
  • Long range
  • Silver Metallic
  • 20" Silver Wheels
  • Cream interior
  • 7 Seats
  • FSD
I paid $103,000 three weeks ago. The current price is $96,990

You should have paid 101,500 for that car? Are you including destination? 89,500 + 1500 silver + 1500 cream + 3000 7 seats + 6000 fsd

Destination is not included in the $96,900 current pricing

Nor the extra $1875 in tax credit

I am getting a $2725 difference when you take the additional tax credit into account