Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price drop

howlz

May 31, 2020
Austin, TX
Looks like price just dropped $3k on LRAWD?

Fun when your brand new car suddenly becomes 5% less valuable ;)

I’m still waiting on delivery of mine, but just emailed my advisor to ask to pay the adjusted price. I have a feeling this is going to be a hassle since I’ve already paid and am in Texas... should I just got ahead and reorder one now? Haha

jf64k

May 9, 2020
Los Angeles
Boy it sure seems that way.

I had VINs for two MY’s (mine and my wife’s) before the end of June, with delivery dates in the last week, but then I was tested COVID-19 positive and was placed on mandatory home quarantine. I notified my advisor and they released the VIN’s.

We were bummed, but now...saving $6,000 makes up for it haha!!

jhams

Mar 15, 2020
california
does anybody have a good email address at Tesla to reach out to? in the past when they dropped it Tesla would honor the price change for customers

KCapital

Dec 7, 2017
NJ
does anybody have a good email address at Tesla to reach out to? in the past when they dropped it Tesla would honor the price change for customers
If you have not taken the delivery yet, your Owner Advisor will adjust the price before delivery.

If you took delivery more than 7 days ago, you are out of option. If delivery was within 7 days, you can return the car.

everydaychris

Feb 10, 2020
CA
Sweet. Can confirm my cost of my car was 62,990 and it is now 60,990.

Guess I got my money back for changing my order after my initial deposit when the Y was first announced. :)

LevelHeaded

Dec 31, 2019
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Assuming those who have already taken delivery are out of luck to take advantage of the price reduction?
That’s almost a guaranteed “yes.”

They’ve done this several times in the past. And, they usually let those who haven’t taken delivery yet pay the original price unless they know about the price reduction and ask for it (like the poor souls heading to the delivery center as we speak)!

Aikidoka

To increase range put the bike in the car
Apr 29, 2020
Vero Beach, FL
My 5th scheduled delivery date is 7/15/20. All delays were from Tesla's side relating to delivery delays and a cracked windshield that they noticed just before I started my drive to pick the car up. I've only paid the $100 so far. I'll be curious to see how easily I can get the $2,000 adjustment.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC