Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Drops: Do you think Tesla should offer FSD for Q4 2022 buyers?

Do you think Tesla should offer FSD for Q4 2022 buyers?

• Yes

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Depends (please explain)

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont see people who purchased "in the last month or two" leading up to the price drop as being in any way, shape or form different from people who purchased "in the last 4 months leading up to the price change".

This is like buying a house, then 2 months later seeing your new neighbor sell their house (same floorplan) for less than what you paid, then going back to the person you bought yours from and asking for a refund of the difference between what they paid and what you paid, or saying "Since I paid more, I demand that you pay for my landscaping for a year".

People are going to ask for the moon because thats human nature, but if the above doesnt sound like "oh yeah thats totally reasonable" there isnt any reason that "I want XXX because the price dropped after I bought it" should sound reasonable to anyone either. Its not going to stop people from sharpening pitchforks though, because people can make anything sound reasonable in their own heads, when it comes to their own situations.
Well, the Real Estate example is not exactly the case...
When I sell a house I won't stay in touch with my buyers for any maintenance services or monthly subscriptions ...
also I (as a seller) won't treat them as my loyal customers with potential to sell or upgrade more of my homes in the future...
so in Tesla's case and especially in today's world and reality , Tesla must do something for those frustrated customers who feel betrayed by their favourite brand.
I feel like free FSD subscription or Super charger miles would be a right compensation ....

Last edited:
When I sell a house I won't stay in touch with my buyers for any maintenance services or monthly subscriptions ...
also I (as a seller) won't treat them as my loyal customers with potential to sell or upgrade more of my homes in the future...
so in Tesla's case and especially in today's world and reality , Tesla must do something for those frustrated customers who feel betrayed by their favourite brand.
I feel like free FSD subscription or Super charger miles would be a right compensation ....
Nope. They will just want more.

My friend bought an M3 configured nearly identical to mine. He purchased his 4 weeks later and paid almost $5k less than I did. This was in 1995 and the BMW dealer didn’t care.

For people that said "No", were you aware of the sales event that Tesla was running in December 2022 with the specific purpose to sell as much inventory as possible? A match of potential EV credits + 10000 supercharger miles is a really appealing deal after months of price increases. You can bet most people waiting for EV credits got convinced to hope off the fence and buy before December ended, and moved mountains to make it happen. I read some of the comments in the petition, according to some buyers, they were called to take delivery earlier and was sold on this incentive as the reason to take delivery before end of year. Given this context, I think price cutting sharply weeks later is poor form from Tesla. If they keep doing anything similar to this, its not good for any Tesla owners or stock holders. Regardless of whether people get any compensation, it's probably better in the long run if this type of behavior is discouraged. Arguing in favor of Tesla out of context is only going to encourage these situations to continue and become incentivized to become more frequent, because its profitable on the short-term. Long-term, it's not going to win any fans or brand loyalty.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
For people that said "No", were you aware of the sales event that Tesla was running in December 2022 with the specific purpose to sell as much inventory as possible? A match of potential EV credits + 10000 supercharger miles is a really appealing deal after months of price increases. You can bet most people waiting for EV credits got convinced to hope off the fence and buy before December ended, and moved mountains to make it happen. I read some of the comments in the petition, according to some buyers, they were called to take delivery earlier and was sold on this incentive as the reason to take delivery before end of year. Given this context, I think price cutting sharply weeks later is poor form from Tesla. If they keep doing anything similar to this, its not good for any Tesla owners or stock holders. Regardless of whether people get any compensation, it's probably better in the long run if this type of behavior is discouraged. Arguing in favor of Tesla out of context is only going to encourage these situations to continue and become incentivized to become more frequent, because its profitable on the short-term. Long-term, it's not going to win any fans or brand loyalty.
If we’re into living in the past, remember when Raven cars were offered with fusc? And for 69420 even!

Oh the huge manatee. Think of the global cooling!11eleventy.

Must? No, you get ugatz

Betrayed is a weird word to use in the context of price variability.
Why would anyone feel betrayed? Did anyone promise anyone that the prices would stay the same?

Screwed - maybe.
But betrayed - not at all.

1675105458792.png

Why FSD?
Fewer than 10% of Tesla customer go for it now, so your give-away would be lost on 90+% of Tesla buyers.
Bad idea.

Maybe start a petition for a free set of tires, or free back-rubs, or for Elon to stop twitting so much s*it and embarrassing all Tesla owners instead?

a

• Disagree
Reactions: gbertsch
Many many many people said that Tesla was overpriced in 2022. If you bought in, that's on you.
Need to correct this: "If you bought in 2021 and paid / received in 4q 2022 then you got screwed out of $13000 . I doubt Tesla is going to do anything as it's all about the Benjamins now. They have the brand they want and a few disgruntled tesla owners won't change that.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
Just signed the petition. As someone who took delivery on Nov 28, I missed out on everything. That said, I love the car and paid what I thought it was worth when I ordered so I’m happy. Still, given the hard sell Tesla was giving for people to take delivery in Q4 and the fact it doesn’t cost them much to give people a free trial or FSD (and may even encourage people to subscribe), I’m in favor of it.
Wow I feel for you!

Just signed the petition. As someone who took delivery on Nov 28, I missed out on everything. That said, I love the car and paid what I thought it was worth when I ordered so I’m happy. Still, given the hard sell Tesla was giving for people to take delivery in Q4 and the fact it doesn’t cost them much to give people a free trial or FSD (and may even encourage people to subscribe), I’m in favor of it.
Wow I feel for you!

Reactions: gbertsch