TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Price for Aero Wheels?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by rdlink, Aug 22, 2018.

1. rdlink

rdlink Member

Hi,

Still waiting on my Model 3 delivery. I am considering replacing the stock Aero wheels with T Sportline Turbines. Anyone sold their Aeros? If so, what kind of price were you able to get for them? I'm trying to figure total net cost for the upgrade. The Aeros would be essentially brand new when I sell them. Thanks.

2. remlemasi

remlemasi Member

Most people on CL seem to be listing them for around $1100 with the Aero Cover but with TPMS removed (they were reused on the new wheels set).

That being said, I see those same, high-priced listings week-after-week and it doesn't look like they are selling at those prices.

The ones that are actually selling are at around $800 with a couple-hundred miles on the tires.

3. Padresfreak01

Padresfreak01 Member

Just sold mine Sunday for 900 without the sensor and 150 Miles on them. Originally listed for 1200 then 1000 then settled on 900. Took longer to sell then expected (1 month).

4. TheLocNar

TheLocNar Member

Do you live in a winter area? I’d keep them and swap the tires and put winters on the Aeros.

5. rdlink

rdlink Member

#5 rdlink, Aug 23, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Thanks. I do live in a winter area, but I don't run winter tires. I've gotten by fine without winter tires in CO for 24 years, and I am not about to start screwing around with winter tires now. Good all season tires, AWD and common sense serve my needs just fine. If I lived in the mountains full time I might feel differently. :)

• Like x 1
  6. rdlink

rdlink Member

Thanks. I assume you sold only the wheels for that price, and not the tires?

7. remlemasi

remlemasi Member

All my assumptions above include the tires. For that price, I imagine Padresfreak01 sold them with tires (150 miles on them).

8. WallyP

WallyP Member

I immediately sold my brand new 18" OEM Tesla aero's on Ebay for $600.

I also bought the 19" TST turbines, bought Pirelli P Zero Nero, and swapped the 18" Michelin Primacy's at my local tire shop who gave me an excellent trade in value. Was able to re-use the TPMS, so my out of pocket was really not too bad....and the results were amazing.

• Like x 1
  9. rdlink

rdlink Member

Thanks. I'm actually going 18" on the aftermarket. I just like the looks of them, and I want to keep the same weight and rolling resistance.

10. WallyP

WallyP Member

I'm very happy with the 19" TST T-Sportline Turbines however they are definitely heavier and less aero than the 18" Tesla aeros, so I do take a hit on range. Doesn't bother me though since my daily commute is well-within range, and my charging is free at work.

I believe the 18" TST's are lighter, and perhaps the Michelin's too, so your proposed set up should take less of a hit on mileage range.

11. rdlink

rdlink Member

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. I had originally ordered mine with the 19" upgrade. I didn't love the looks of them, but I hate, hate, hate the looks of the aero hupcaps. When I discovered how much of a range hit the 19" wheels were showing, and the fact that I could remove the aero caps and the wheels underneath look decent I changed my order. However, as time has gone on I have really become enamored with the TST Turbines, and I like the fact that they're not heavier than the aeros. Actually, I think they may be a touch lighter.

I figured that if I could do the swap for around $500-$600 I'd jump.

12. Fusion

Fusion Member

You are looking $800-1000 with tires and tpms.

13. Padresfreak01

Padresfreak01 Member

Yes I sold for 900 with rims and tires but without the tpms. I live is San Diego so no need for winter tires. Just trying to recoup some of the cost of the turbines and pirelli tires. Turbines were 1298 from evwheels direct and pirellis were 1100. I paid 2398 then minus the 900 for the tire sell it came out to be about 1500 for the upgraded wheels and tires I wanted instead of the Tesla sport wheels.