Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price for basic autopilot to $2k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
II was waiting on the free AP with purchase of FSD deal. Not sure if that's going to happen at this point. If it doesn't I'll go for the AP at $2k.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1274559471918804993?s=21

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 9.55.41 AM.png

II was waiting on the free AP with purchase of FSD deal. Not sure if that's going to happen at this point. If it doesn't I'll go for the AP at $2k.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1274559471918804993?s=21

View attachment 554772

Someone responded to Elon's question with "Hard for some to spend $7k. Can there just be a price reduction on basic AP" so Elon came back with "Will follow up by tomorrow" and then "Done. Now $2k via in-app purchase.".

So I think the free AP with FSD was dropped in favor of just dropping the price of AP until July 1st.

Someone responded to Elon's question with "Hard for some to spend $7k. Can there just be a price reduction on basic AP" so Elon came back with "Will follow up by tomorrow" and then "Done. Now $2k via in-app purchase.".

So I think the free AP with FSD was dropped in favor of just dropping the price of AP until July 1st.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaak. lol

I did see that convo but I assumed both would take place. Maybe they do the $2k first and in a couple days scoop up some more with the FSD deal.

Oh my... I didn't realize that 7k for AP+FSD might be on the table. More choices! I guess I'm waiting to see if that deal shows up.

Reactions: phantasms
I just bought and upgraded my SR this morning. I'm not in love with it. Considering returning before 48 hour window closes unless you guys can convince me otherwise.

I can see the value in traffic, but I'm rarely in it (I'm a master traffic avoider). Otherwise it's done some sketchy hard braking that felt unsafe.

Thoughts?

I have a 2020 SR and considering AP for $2k, but I have a very short commute and like driving.
Alternatively I've been trying to see what the price is to upgrade to an SR+ hoping some of these discounts impact SR+ upgrade pricing.

I think it all depends on how long you intend to keep the car. I think $2000 for AP can easily be added to the value of the car, in case you were to sell it someday. If I were on the used market looking for a Tesla, I would not be considering a Tesla that didn't at least have AP. Just food for thought.

Reactions: Motron3030
My 3 is now going on 3 years and I did not get AP. so glad as I will be selling it and would have wasted that on features I would never have used just waiting for something to happen. AP will not add any significant value to the car until it is truly functional.

it's great on freeways/road trips or heavy traffic. Def. work $2k and potential resale value. I just wish they allow SR+ unlocking at a lower package price at some point too

I thought every Tesla comes with basic AP with no extra cost. I have basic AP in my Y that I bought late last year and I didn’t pay extra. It works flawlessly although I am missing the lane change feature that I had in my model 3 that I sold earlier. I am willing to pay extra to get that feature.