Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price FSD Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dutchie

Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Does anyone remember what the original price was for FSD on a Model X after delivery? I recall it was something like CAD3,300 before delivery but I might be mistaken, but after delivery I cannot remember.

I see the price is now CAD 6,600. If you order a new car now, however, you can see that there is a disclaimer that the price of FSD after delivery is subject to change.

When I ordered it this disclaimer was not on the order page. There might be something to say to have FSD for the original price as stated in the original order page as the disclaimer was not there.

Does anyone remember what the original price was for FSD on a Model X after delivery? I recall it was something like CAD3,300 before delivery but I might be mistaken, but after delivery I cannot remember.

I see the price is now CAD 6,600. If you order a new car now, however, you can see that there is a disclaimer that the price of FSD after delivery is subject to change.

When I ordered it this disclaimer was not on the order page. There might be something to say to have FSD for the original price as stated in the original order page as the disclaimer was not there.

I emailed Tesla about that shortly after the price increased, and was told that, no, you can't have the original after delivery price. Now, they may have changed their policy since then, however in the 2 months following the price increase my inquiries all came back with a hard no.

I emailed Tesla about that shortly after the price increased, and was told that, no, you can't have the original after delivery price. Now, they may have changed their policy since then, however in the 2 months following the price increase my inquiries all came back with a hard no.

That is so sad, also considering that advanced autopilot is now CAD 1000 cheaper than I bought it, CAD 6,600 in stead of CAD 7,600 I paid for it. I feel a bit screwed, we should get the FSD at original price. It was part of the deal!

From my screen captures during my configuration exercise for LR, RWD on Apr 24, 2018
Enhanced Autopilot: CAD$6600; CAD$7900 upgrade if added after delivery
Full Self-Driving Capability: CAD$4000; CAD$5300 upgrade if added after delivery (requires Enhanced Autopilot)

Its 4k to upgrade for me on my tesla acct page:

upload_2019-3-1_15-45-55.png

I think they changed the after purchase pricing with the EAP/FSD shuffle and new SR configs.

I think you might want to wait a bit. Tesla seems to provide some incentives/discounts for current Model 3 owners. I'm not sure if they'll provide for Canadians.

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability
The Tesla Team March 1, 2019

All customers who bought a Tesla before yesterday’s price decrease will be able to buy the Autopilot or Full Self-Driving capability for half of what those features would normally cost after initial purchase.

Autopilot, which enables automatic steering, accelerating and braking, normally costs $4,000 after delivery and Full Self-Driving normally costs $7,000 after delivery. Full Self-Driving capability includes Navigate on Autopilot, Advanced Summon, Auto Lane Change, Autopark and, later this year, will recognize and respond to traffic lights.

Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000. In other words, for a customer who previously hadn’t purchased Autopilot plus Full Self-Driving, they will soon be able to do so for $6,000 less than before. Customers who previously purchased Full Self-Driving will receive an invitation to Tesla’s Early Access Program (EAP). EAP members are invited to experience and provide feedback on new features and functionality before they are rolled out to other customers.

Beginning next month, any existing customer who wants to upgrade to Autopilot or Full Self-Driving capability will be able to do so with a one-click payment. There will be no need to call anyone, and it will be as easy as it was to order your car in the first place.

Looks like they are dropping the FSD purchase for existing owners down to $2k USD and it will take a few days to reflect in customer accounts. Hopefully that means a lower CAD price as well.

Elon Musk on Twitter
Yeah that's what I read as well. So the current price is $3k USD which converts to $4k CAD. If they drop the price to $2k USD I'd assume whatever the converted price will be listed ($2700)? I guess time will tell but I see no reason why it wouldn't change.
I pulled the trigger! Can’t wait for the new updates!
I would've waited if I were you. The price should drop even more.